Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Capital Grille

GoSkins561

It's certainly not dress like you are going to a Sizzlers. If you are spending 200+ bucks on dinner, look sharp.

I have been several times in different cities. The food was very good, the service was excellent the few times that I have been to the one in DC.

People are going to suggest other places that may or may not be as good, but I always like to try places myself, because everyone has different tastes.

I prefer Smith and Wollensky's and Ruths' Chris over The Capital Grill, but the Cap Grill is very good.

You don't need a blazer (Perhaps at Prime Rib, haven't been there in years). Or a tie really (I always wear one). But without dress pants and a button-down shirt you might feel underdressed.

Kobe beef ? That is what it is. I think it is overrated. The Wagyu is cheaper, but it is the same stuff. Super fatty. I like marbled beef, but not to the point where it seems as greasy as KFC. That's just my 2 cents.

My favorite restaurant .... The one in DC is FANTASTIC. :)

If I were to ever have a last meal request, my meal would come from here ....

Must haves: Calamari, Lobster Mac & Cheese and truffle french fries and a stoli doli.

I've never had an entree that I didn't like, but my go to is their seared tuna. Their steaks are fantastic and so is their fish.

Hi KH!!!

I've done the calamari at Ruth's and it's not bad, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cap Grille's version.

OMG - you've never had their truffle fries? Perfectly cut tatoes fried to perfection in truffle oil, sprinkled lightly with Parmesan cheese. They are delightful!

Nope never had them. I always try to save room for dessert when I go to steak houses, so even when I get mashed or baked, I only have a couple of bites. Fries and chips are a weakness for me. lol. I try to avoid them usually. haha. They sould great and I trust your judgement.

Ya'll might want to look at their menu!

They don't have tartare on their menu now but they do have carpaccio.

They had it as a special about 4 years ago or so. I like tartare, but I prefer carpaccio same as you it seems. Carpaccio just melts in your mouth. I think DC Coast did a beef carpaccio that was amazing a few years back.

Man, I miss DC restaurants. By the way I think a congrats is in order or are you still moving towards that ? Either way hope life is good and you are happy.

I absolutely miss DC restaurants too! DC Coast ... those cute little figurines that they'd put on my martini glasses always made my night.

Well ... congrats depends on how you look at it? :) Moved to FL a year ago, got engaged in December, landed a fantastic job with a luxury leather goods manufacturer .... Life is good! ;)

I actually never once sat at a table at DC Coast. My condo was on 13th and N. Walking distance. I would love to sit at the bar and order all kinds of different stuff they had. I wish I could remember the GM they had back then (young asian-american guy).

Congrats indeed. Lucky guy. I hope you can cook too, because with our taste in food/wine, you might bankrupt the guy. :silly: Where in FL (you can PM if too personal) ? I usual spend my time in Miami, Hollywood, and Kendall Lakes. I am planning on going to the Lakers Vs. Heat game this year. So maybe we could meet this guy. If he is ugly I will make fun of you though, you know how I am.

I am outside of Charlotte now mostly. I still go to Miami and DC a lot though. Going to Vegas again for halloween, I can not *curse word* wait. MY GF is driving me bonkers about her costume...haha. I am going to be a crazy biker, I already picked out the glow in the dark crazy contact lenses. She is going to be a vampire, a skunk, big bird, a bee, a pea****, who the hell knows. I will probably do like last year and just buy her two so she can figure out which one she likes more.

Their fries are a side dish that is big enough to be shared. Or you can grab them as an appetizer beforehand and munch away.

I have not paid any attention to their beers. When I'm there I drink stoli dolis and wine. They have a very, very, very extensive wine list. Just for giggles you should take a look at their Captain's List - it's amazing at how much some of the bottles of wine cost.

KH - I'm going to send you a PM now. :)

I looked at the menu and they had a Wagyu app that sounds awesome. The truffle fries sound awesome but filling. I know they have a great wine list, are there any beer snobs that noticed any extra nice beers on their beer list?

Not usually. They do wine well, beers selection is typically so-so.

Kansas, some of the wines on the captains list are not even close to the money they charge, but they figure people will pay for a name without knowing anything about the wine, I have been guilty of this before too (not at CG, but still). I saw a Far Niente that was a cab, and I figured, well they make great chardonnay...failure face. Once I started to learn more and more about wines that stopped. There are a ton of great wines you can buy relatively cheap. Certain ones are just going to cost you.

Archived