Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Redskins Notes: Landry Has Career Night

Oldskool

By Ryan O’Halloran

Staff writer

CSNwashington.com

Midway through the first quarter of the Redskins’ 13-7 win over Dallas, LaRon Landry began experiencing leg cramps.

“I don’t even know why – my hydration was great,” he said.

Maybe he should cramp up more often.

Fueled by a halftime IV, Landry made a career-high 17 tackles and broke up one pass as the Redskins’ defense held Dallas to a mere touchdown.

“I was just doing my job as a defender,” he said. “My job is to stop them from scoring and keeping their yardage down.”

Landry appeared to be consistently in position and blitzed an unofficial eight times in his new role as a strong safety. He credits the extra video work put in by the starters.

“During the Arizona week, the starters took it on their own to watch Dallas tape and get the concepts and get everything down,” he said. “We had a great two weeks of preparation.”

Landry posted his fifth double-digit tackle game but as never done it in consecutive weeks.

“Wish I could have got 30,” he said. “It doesn’t stop here. This is just the first week. I’m going to keep pressing and do what I have to do to help the team win.”

For the rest of the article, see: http://www.csnwashington.com/09/13/10/Redskins-Notes-Landry-Has-Career-Night/landing_v3.html?blockID=310007&feedID=5559

Archived