Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about FA CenterJustin Hartwig?

mrjoolius

Rabach is a McNabb killer. Wait and see. Dude should of been gone before pre-season.

Rabach costs us games last year. We really needed to upgrade that position. He'll cost us games again this year just wait and see. He was pretty poor last night. Refs missed a blatant hold & take down by him last night. I don't know if hartwig is an upgrade but we'd better be scouting what's available out there.

Umm gents, you do realize that he was lined up against one of the very best NTs we will face right?

I thought that he held his own for the most part.

In fact i was more concerned about how T Williams fared against Ware.

That is a very good point. He hasn't been going to the Pro Bowl for no reason. Bottom line is Ratliff is better than Rabach and is a dominant player. But Ratliff is probably better than 90-95% of the centers out there. That's like saying if Darelle Revis shuts down Santana Moss that you need to get rid of Moss cuz he got housed. That's what dominant players do. Now if Rabach gets handled by everyone else, then I'll be really concerned.

But I am concerned about what's behind Rabach should his play not improve. I felt comfortable with Edwin Williams behind him if he had to play, I felt he could develop into Rabach's permanent replacement, not so sure about Will Montgomery.

Hartwig has the same problems Rabach does. He's 32 years old, is undersized (by current league standards), and isn't particularly athletic. His performance against Ratliff woudn't be any better than Rabach's.

Look around the NFC East. Jamaal Jackson with the Eagles is 320 at center. Gurode with Dallas is 310.

These guys are bigger and stronger.

Archived