Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Simmons' Sun Night Pick / Take On The Cowboys (LOL)

chaos

That stat on [the Cowboys'] record since 2000 is NUTTY. would have never guessed they were only 4 games over .500

And what has the Washington Redskins' record been since 2000? 71-91.

I understand that the Redskins are not being hyped up as a potential Super Bowl contender like the Cowboys are (which I agree is definitely over-hyped and is what Simmons is trying to put down here,) but if you're trying to ridicule the Cowboys' 82-78 win-loss record in the past decade as a talking point, the Redskins don't have a leg to stand on in that area and it isn't a valid point of comparison.

Not to mention that what happened 9 years ago is completely irrelevant to the Cowboys' team of today. Entirely different team, roster, players, coaching staff, etc. The contemporary Cowboys team of today (one largely new since 2005) has pulled off 3 playoff appearances and 5 consecutive winning seasons.

I know you've been asked this many times, but still I feel the need to find an answer:

Why do you, as a Cowturds fan, come to a Redskins forum?

I sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead in a Dallass forum.

Just curious.

Just dropping by to engage in friendly and not-so-friendly dialogue, is all. I'm only here for Redskins week. I will be back here on Monday to take my crow, should the Cowboys lose, but after that, I only foresee myself coming back for the 2nd edition of Redskins week, more than 15 weeks from now.

The only other time I'd come by is if the Redskins are playing the Giants and Eagles and I'll be here to join in the anti-Philly and anti-NY trash talk.

Awesome article. Great point about Dez Bryant too. Of course he has the PO-TEN-CHALL (I know I spelled that wrong...it was on purpose..lol). Come on though. What do we really know? Dez deserves no more hype than our very own (and beloved) Anthony Armstrong. Either could emrged as a great WR and give us glimpses on Sunday (hell, at least Anthony Armstrong displayed amazing ability in the preason). Interesting indeed. Especially when ourt starting CBs both are poised for fabulous seasons. As officer Tackleberry (POLICE ACADEMY) would say say: "LETS CRACK SOME HEADS!!!!!!".

HAIL!

What do you mean? The Cowboys were 3-3 against Gibbs' Redskins under Parcells. An evenly split record between two rivals can hardly, by any stretch of logic, qualify as "consistently being Gibbs' ****es" (or anyone's.)

Aren't you the one claiming that there is no rivalry between the skins and pukes because the pukes are so much better, even though over the past 5 years the record is 5-5?

And what has the Washington Redskins' record been since 2000? 71-91.

I understand that the Redskins are not being hyped up as a potential Super Bowl contender like the Cowboys are (which I agree is definitely over-hyped and is what Simmons is trying to put down here,) but if you're trying to ridicule the Cowboys' 82-78 win-loss record in the past decade as a talking point, the Redskins don't have a leg to stand on in that area and it isn't a valid point of comparison.

Not to mention that what happened 9 years ago is completely irrelevant to the Cowboys' team of today. Entirely different team, roster, players, coaching staff, etc. The contemporary Cowboys team of today (one largely new since 2005) has pulled off 3 playoff appearances and 5 consecutive winning seasons.

Uh, what does the redskins not doing well have anything to do with the cowboys record? If we were so bad why isn't your record better? Anyways, back to the topic.

Archived