Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PC help plz: no audio on flash player

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, I've been dealing with this for about a week and I can't seem to get it resolved. Here's the deal:

I have no audio on any flash media on the internet, I get video but no audio. I can listen to anything I want on Quicktime, and Windows Media Player, as well as Adobe Shockwave player on the net, but anything that uses the flash player (youtube, some flash games, daily show and other news videos) simply have no volume. I've tried reinstalling the flash player but I get nothing even after I do.

Oh and yes the volume is turned up.

Thanks for any help.

Hmm

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83739.html

Hopefully that helps

Confirm that you allow a website's Flash content to play on your system

View the settings manager for your Flash Player installation.

1. Control-click any Flash content.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select the Privacy tab.

4. Select Advanced. The Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager appears.

5. In the Global Storage settings Global Storage Settings Panel, select "Allow third-party content to store data on your computer." You can adjust settings for websites that you have already visited:

1. To view or change privacy settings, use the Website Privacy Settings panel.

2. To view, change, or delete storage settings, use the Website Storage Settings panel.

6. Restart your browser and try playing an embedded video.

Grrrr, everything is as it is supposed to be....not happy.

Make sure your browser is up to date, either FF or IE. Reset both to default settings. For IE it's tools -> internet options ->Advanced tab and then Reset.. Not sure if FF has this or where it is.

You may want to also install/run ccleaner in the event that some temp file is causing an issue.

Make sure your browser is up to date, either FF or IE. Reset both to default settings. For IE it's tools -> internet options ->Advanced tab and then Reset.. Not sure if FF has this or where it is.

You may want to also install/run ccleaner in the event that some temp file is causing an issue.

All defaults are set, and I installed and ran ccleaner...still no change.

Try a "complete" uninstall of flash. Sounds like a setting is screwed up.

The Add/Remove programs uninstall in windows still saves all the settings. Use the one from Adobe to actually "wipe" it clean.

Then re-install.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

[edit]

Also depending on your sound card. Go into the sound settings in your controll pannel and make sure all the individual volumes for every thing is up. I know Soundblaster cards come with custom software with individual settings for games/etc which sometimes can cause issues.

Try this:

http://wizkid.wordpress.com/2006/09/15/no-audio-on-youtube/

Download k lite and run their tool

I got the k-lite full but there is no "fix non-working sound" button, so I've got a message on that forum about it.

Have you tried to do an complete uninstall and then re-install?
I assume you mean of Adobe flash
Try a "complete" uninstall of flash. Sounds like a setting is screwed up.

The Add/Remove programs uninstall in windows still saves all the settings. Use the one from Adobe to actually "wipe" it clean.

Then re-install.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Yep, did that still no joy.

Also depending on your sound card. Go into the sound settings in your controll pannel and make sure all the individual volumes for every thing is up. I know Soundblaster cards come with custom software with individual settings for games/etc which sometimes can cause issues.

I was checking the sound, and when I do the test I get sound, but when I test the individual window sounds there is nothing....hmmm seems like it's more than the flash player. But that's just really strange because all of my other programs with sound work fine; World of Warcraft, Quicktime, and WMP.

make sure your speakers are set as your "default" output device. (how to get to these settings vary by operating system)

yep good there.

Archived