Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forbes: Cowboys have NFL's most valuable team; Redskins No. 2

tr1

hahahaha the last decade's worth of seasons would be 2000-2009. The 1999 season does not fall in that category. Whether the game was played in January makes no difference, it was the 1999 season. If we were to count that season, we would have to say the past 11 years.

Awful attempt at squeezing in a playoff win on a bogus technicality that doesn't even make sense.

Boo hoo, its within the past decade, don't cry about it because its true. If you want to argue semantics go find DOTS, I'm sure he can help.

qwantz-semantics.png

I think you need to do the math again. The last 10 NFL seasons(decade) include the 00-01 season through the 09-10 season. The 99-00 season would be 11 seasons ago meaning it was not within the past decade.

Didn't mean to word it that way, it's within the past 'decade', so its within the last 10 years.

Only in America does a decade of failure get rewarded royally.

Yeah really.

How does a 4-12 team last year and noting winning a super bowl in 19 years get rewarded with 2nd place?

Totally sqewed if you ask me...:ols:

I think you need to do the math again. The last 10 NFL seasons(decade) include the 00-01 season through the 09-10 season. The 99-00 season would be 11 seasons ago meaning it was not within the past decade.

Actually Tweed was right...whenever we talked about the Cowboys' playoff futility lasting "X" amount of years, we started from the date of their last playoff win, regardless of what season it was a part of. So in the decade of 2000-2009, the Skins do have 2 playoff wins.

Actually Tweed was right...whenever we talked about the Cowboys' playoff futility lasting "X" amount of years, we started from the date of their last playoff win, regardless of what season it was a part of. So in the decade of 2000-2009, the Skins do have 2 playoff wins.

Thank you sir!:beavisnbutthead:

I always knew of the Cowboys' drought being counted from the 1996 season. So it had been 12 seasons of 0 playoff wins.

i know, how the hell can the Skins be #2.....holy hell.......Snyder is one hellova salesman!
Not as good a salesman as that owner of the most over-hyped, under-achieving and over-paid group he owns.

Crap tr1, you are going to make me defend those ****s (sort of). At least Jerry Jones has won 3 Super Bowls (not from his doing) since he took over the Cowboys, which is more than we can say for our owner. :(

Both of them are smart businessmen, but the problem is that both of them "think" they know football and talent. Truth of the matter is that both have huge egos and feel like they can be just as successful being a NFL GM/Owner as they were in their previous business endeavors. Hopefully one of the two got the message and backed away into the Owners box to be seen and not heard. The other one however continues to think he's a good GM. He's not.

Truthfully, as a Skins fan, I have to thank JJ everyday for being a dumbass. On two occasions now, he ran off the best things that Dallas has ever had. First it was Jimmy Johnson, second it was Bill Parcells. I would actually fear the Cowboys if Parcells were on the sideline right now, and if it wasn't for Jerry's huge ego, Johnson (or Parcells) would most likely still be around. (winning of course)

I find this funny. Only 3 owners in the NFL also hold the title of GM. Al Davis (raiders), Mike Brown (bengals), and Jerry Jones (cowboys) and look at the turmoil each of those franchises are in. Yes cowboy fans, when you are stacked the way the cowboys are and continue to lose playoff games, it's turmoil.

I need a shower after that.

You're the one playing semantics man. Come on. Trying to throw in an additional playoff win.

And the pot called the kettle black, and the kettle did not care....because the pot is a puke fan, lol. Lighten up Francis, you mad cuz I'm right?

mfln130l.jpg

Truthfully, as a Skins fan, I have to thank JJ everyday for being a dumbass. On two occasions now, he ran off the best things that Dallas has ever had. First it was Jimmy Johnson, second it was Bill Parcells. I would actually fear the Cowboys if Parcells were on the sideline right now, and if it wasn't for Jerry's huge ego, Johnson (or Parcells) would most likely still be around. (winning of course)

I doubt that Johnson would be the head coach today, but with the team he built, he would have won at least 2 more SB's (including the Switzer led one) for a total of about 5 that decade. Johnson would be in his 21st season as head coach. Only Fisher is close to that in Tenneesee. Thank god he had a fight and hired a bunch of lame asses.

Crap tr1, you are going to make me defend those ****s (sort of). At least Jerry Jones has won 3 Super Bowls (not from his doing) since he took over the Cowboys, which is more than we can say for our owner. :(

Both of them are smart businessmen, but the problem is that both of them "think" they know football and talent. Truth of the matter is that both have huge egos and feel like they can be just as successful being a NFL GM/Owner as they were in their previous business endeavors. Hopefully one of the two got the message and backed away into the Owners box to be seen and not heard. The other one however continues to think he's a good GM. He's not.

I find this funny. Only 3 owners in the NFL also hold the title of GM. Al Davis (raiders), Mike Brown (bengals), and Jerry Jones (cowboys) and look at the turmoil each of those franchises are in. Yes cowboy fans, when you are stacked the way the cowboys are and continue to lose playoff games, it's turmoil.

I need a shower after that.

Hmmm...

The Raiders I agree with, the Bengals though, are poised to have a good year. Where is this turmoil you speak of?

The Cowboys are picked by everyone in the media to win the Super Bowl and are widely considered to have one of the most talented rosters in the league. What are you talking about?

Both Parcells and Johnson have been out of coaching for some time, why do you think they would somehow still be coaching the Cowboys if JJ wasn't still here? It is a ludicrous assertion.

I'm a Redskins fan through and through, but if there is going to be a pissing contest around here, don't you think the Giants win that hands-down?

We are talking about net value and the Giants are not in competition for that. Sure, they have been more successful but they aren't worth anything because they have a timeshare with the Jets.

I always knew of the Cowboys' drought being counted from the 1996 season. So it had been 12 seasons of 0 playoff wins.

Nope, we always talked about it in terms of years...the Cowboys' last playoff win had been in 1996. Their next playoff win occurred in 2010. Sounds worse that way, doesn't it? lol ;)...But it's also technically correct if someone said "In 13 years the Cowboys never once won a playoff game." (which also sounds worse lol)

Nope, we always talked about it in terms of years...the Cowboys' last playoff win had been in 1996. Their next playoff win occurred in 2010. Sounds worse that way, doesn't it? lol ;)...But it's also technically correct if someone said "In 13 years the Cowboys never once won a playoff game." (which also sounds worse lol)

Fair enough. I prefer to look at it by seasons, but to each his own. Although, I do think Tweed citing the 99 season is inaccurate here. We were talking about the last 10 seasons.

The Eagles being decimated by injuries is hard to predict.

That the pukes beat an injury-decimated team, well, what are the odds?

:ols:

That the pukes didn't even put up a decent game against Minny just shows you how weak your team is outside of the division.

Brooking is still crying about that game... :ols:

The Raiders I agree with, the Bengals though, are poised to have a good year. Where is this turmoil you speak of?

Wait? They are poised to have a good year? One out of how many? Twenty? The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, so that doesn't mean they aren't still in turmoil. Why you say? Because the root of the problems are still there (Their GMs/Owners) Of the three, Jerry is the better of them.

The Cowboys are picked by everyone in the media to win the Super Bowl and are widely considered to have one of the most talented rosters in the league. What are you talking about?

They've been picked for the Super Bowl for years now, and still can't even get to the NFC championship, nevertheless the super bowl. Have you noticed that the Cowboys do exceptionally well when other people are running it?(johnson/parcells) Hence the turmoil I'm referring to. That time from when Johnson left to when Parcells picked up the reigns was pretty bleak for the Boys.

Both Parcells and Johnson have been out of coaching for some time, why do you think they would somehow still be coaching the Cowboys if JJ wasn't still here? It is a ludicrous assertion.

Ludicrous maybe, but we don't know how things might have turned out if it weren't for Jerry and his ego. Jimmy might have still been coaching, and so might have Parcells. Neither one of them wanted to deal with Jerry's meddling in the front office. I guess we'll never know thankfully. ;) Jerry firing Jimmy would have been the equivalent of JKC firing Joe Gibbs so if Jimmy left coaching, it would have been on his own terms had it not been for dumbass . (hell he's only 67 :silly: ) I feel as if one of the two would still be coaching.

Wait? They are poised to have a good year? One out of how many? Twenty? The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, so that doesn't mean they aren't still in turmoil. Why you say? Because the root of the problems are still there (Their GMs/Owners) Of the three, Jerry is the better of them.

They've been picked for the Super Bowl for years now, and still can't even get to the NFC championship, nevertheless the super bowl. Have you noticed that the Cowboys do exceptionally well when other people are running it?(johnson/parcells) Hence the turmoil I'm referring to. That time from when Johnson left to when Parcells picked up the reigns was pretty bleak for the Boys.

Ludicrous maybe, but we don't know how things might have turned out if it weren't for Jerry and his ego. Jimmy might have still been coaching, and so might have Parcells. Neither one of them wanted to deal with Jerry's meddling in the front office. I guess we'll never know thankfully. ;) Jerry firing Jimmy would have been the equivalent of JKC firing Joe Gibbs so if Jimmy left coaching, it would have been on his own terms had it not been for dumbass . (hell he's only 67 :silly: ) I feel as if one of the two would still be coaching.

Anybody who knows anything about Jimmy Johnson knows that there is no way he would still be in Dallas. He never spent more than 5 years as a head coach anywhere, he has come out and said as much in numerous interviews. I agree, he left early and for that Jerry is responsible, at least partly. But so is Jimmy.

Archived