Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas Progress

Ant15fromNJ

Last year down the stretch he seemed to turn the corner and play very well but it seems I been hearing hes not doing well. I know hes behind Joey as the #2 WR. Can someone give me some insight on how Devin is doing and what to expect from him this season I was hoping for him to have a break out season.

:logo:

From everything I've been reading, his main problem so far has been consistency. He'd follow up some good plays with some not so good ones. His performance in preseason has been a microcosm of that, with a ball bouncing off his hands in one play, then following it up with a great catch for a first down.

devin is going to make this team unless we trade him in a deal for Vjax Malcolm is pretty much gone I suspect(Good Thing Jason Campbell worked out with him before we drafted him and said we should get him) Dream WR Core VJax D Thomas With Tana in the Slot and Armstrong

In other news, I like how Devin thomas runs when he actually has the ball. Like he wants to hurt somebody.... badly.

Exactly. He should be our full time kickoff returner. He's a tough guy to bring down in the open field and he's got the speed to break long returns if he gets the chance.

If he contributes consistently as a wide receiver...even better.

devin is going to make this team unless we trade him in a deal for Vjax Malcolm is pretty much gone I suspect(Good Thing Jason Campbell worked out with him before we drafted him and said we should get him) Dream WR Core VJax D Thomas With Tana in the Slot and Armstrong

You might as well forget Jackson. Not happening.

He's gonna be fine and IMO will become the starting WR everyone has expected him to be. I think the depth chart thing was mostly motivational. Devin has said all the right things this offseason and has garnered praise from Shanahan. He has a TD in the preseason and did look very good at the end of the year last year. He's great with the ball in his hands, just needs to continue to work on route running and making the key possession catches. While he continues to improve these things, he is in no danger of being cut as he has worked hard on ST and has played well in that role thus far. Let's not forget that this guy left after just one great season as receiver at MSU where he really relied on his speed and athleticism to get open rather than his route running.

He should be our full time kickoff returner. He's a tough guy to bring down in the open field and he's got the speed to break long returns if he gets the chance.

If he contributes consistently as a wide receiver...even better.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully he's able to step up and use his height advantage to become a play maker.

From everything I've been reading, his main problem so far has been consistency. He'd follow up some good plays with some not so good ones. His performance in preseason has been a microcosm of that, with a ball bouncing off his hands in one play, then following it up with a great catch for a first down.

Couldn't we re-sign Rod Gardner for less and w/o the hype of the hope?

Archived