Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win not enough for press...

MikeB

Nice line from ESPN AP article...

"LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins finally played with the discipline and purpose that gives hope for the regular season, helped out by an astoundingly poor performance by the Baltimore Ravens in Kyle Boller's first start."

Love the use of the word 'astoundingly.' Folks, this wasn't just a poor performance, but an 'astoundingly' poor performance. Yet, had the Eagles played the Ravens, it would've been all them.

We can't win.

Full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230823028

Well apparently Boller is responsible for their defenses poor performance. Fact is our first team Offense, Defense, Special teams smack the Ravens in the the mouth all game.

I have no problem saying that their offense played poorly, due in large part to poor QB play. But this has been the leading defense this preseason, and we rushed, passed and did pretty much what we pleased against their first team D.....and thats a fact, not an opinion.

We will get credit when we earn it. I hate to see articles like this because i think we played very well and i hate it when people dont give us the credit we did EARN tonight. But in the media's mind we arent going to be worthy of credit until we make the playoffs. Which is why thats what we're gonna do!

It is funny though how we get killed the first two games and they say we suck, we dominate in the third game (the most important game) and we got lucky.

I think the reason all these media people kept pointing it out that the 3rd game was the most important is because they figured we would fall on our face, but they have nothing to write when we pass their tests.

It's amazing the difference in perception. I watched the ComCast broadcast tonight (sorry, but the Channel 4 broadcast is just painful). They talked about how, though both teams were 7-9 last season, the Ravens are expected to do substantially better than the Redskins.

The Ravens are seriously contemplating going with a CALLOW rookie QB, and have an abysmal offense, yet bigger things are expected from them than the Redskins? That is just completely absurd. Either the Redskins are regarded very poorly, or there is an enormous amount of respect for the Ravens D, thinking that it can carry the team to a division title (beating out two playoff teams from the year before).

I have no problem with the press taking their position. I expect them to whine and moan about something, as if they were the coach. In their dreams, in their dreams.

I think I'll stay away from posting here for a while, apparently I can't get answers to legimate questions on players of the team this board is mainly on, instead I have to be another fan from some other team talking about a player across his hometown.

My god, does what a fan for the same team mean a crap anymore???

Hail to the Redskins!

I am still a fan, but maybe not of this board.

I'm glad the media is saying this. As long as this board doesn't get down like its been the last week, I'll be cool. The press is there to inspire the team. They hate Dan Snyder so they're not gonna let any product of his be considered any good. Thats why everything we do is wrong, even if what we did happens to be winning.

Boller's stat line looked good, and he had a couple good throws, but, again, he was doing mostly simple dink-and-dunk stuff against basic coverages.

He was a liability until the final drive of the first half, when the Redskins were just laying back trying to prevent a big play.

Originally posted by glorydays

I have no problem with the press taking their position. I expect them to whine and moan about something, as if they were the coach. In their dreams, in their dreams.

I think I'll stay away from posting here for a while, apparently I can't get answers to legimate questions on players of the team this board is mainly on, instead I have to be another fan from some other team talking about a player across his hometown.

My god, does what a fan for the same team mean a crap anymore???

Hail to the Redskins!

I am still a fan, but maybe not of this board.

WTF are you rambling about? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rdogblue

Well apparently Boller is responsible for their defenses poor performance. Fact is our first team Offense, Defense, Special teams smack the Ravens in the the mouth all game.

I have no problem saying that their offense played poorly, due in large part to poor QB play. But this has been the leading defense this preseason, and we rushed, passed and did pretty much what we pleased against their first team D.....and thats a fact, not an opinion.

Bro... is that really you? Complete with mullet and blue ribbon no less? :D

get a grip fellas......

the O did play well, especially the line and that was gratifiing. they were assisted by B-more penalities and turnovers - but that's part of the game. I was encouraged by the running game more than anything.

as for the D...finally, some upfield pressure. but put things in perspective (i.e. don't read too much into this).

1) rookie QB who has never started a regular season game

2) minimal gameplan by the b-moreons......dunk and dink...nothing more.

3) the pass rush had its moments, but the rook and redman enjoyed too much time way too often. seasoned QBs will exploit this.

encouraging factors:

1) run defense looked good.

2) tackling improved although there is still some *iss poor open field tackling.

3) smoot looked to be appliing tight coverage.

4) the overall intensity appeared to have been ratcheted up a notch.

5) Coles is going to be something special.

thats cool. Its ok to be a little hesitant. But I'm starting to get the energy back that I had before that first game (where our DL also played well, we just didnt make tackles) and go back to saying at least 12-4 this year. We are gonna be an explosive team I tell you.

But let the press think what they will, thats their job. We all know the truth. We're the best team in the league!!

Archived