Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our DL is FINE

Thinking Skins

ParkCitySkins quote: "Does this mean the d-line has depth?" He's an instigator. :silly: :laugh:

Well I can live with Jermaine Haley and Martin Shane, who are solid I think, if not spectacular. But Holsey and Cannida I have my doubts about, because these two guys were floating around for months and no one was interested in them. Cowette and Greg Scott haven't shown much either, although Cowsette did have 2.5 sacks last year in limited play and while playing with a broken hand.

I think we are still thin and lack depth at DT, and need to acquire another starting type DT. :(

Im still hoping for Dalton to come in as a free agent. You cant have enough depth.

Im not ready to call the D line a sucess yet. Id like to see how we play against Jax. True they are learning a new O scheme adn Taylor and Smith arent playing at all, but it would be a nice test nontheless.

This is happening just as I predicted it would. Sure Baltimore isnt the best offense in the league, but lets look at how they did last week against the Falcons. 272 total yards, 84 yards rushing, 188 yards passing. Lewis had 8 runs for 32 yards. Chris Redman played the first quarter and went 4/7 for 42 yards. Kyle Boller played the second quarter and went 4/10 for 33 yards. I mean, thats a pretty decent offense. Not a world beater, but pretty nice.

Coming into the game Billick was talking about how good he expected the offense and Boller to be. So how come when we stop them its, "well the Redskins aren't really good they were just playing an inferior offense"

Like I've been saying In the past we'd make inferior offenses look like Steve Young and the 49ers. At least in this game we made an inferior offense look inferior. Then I'll add to that the fact that Jamal lewis was averaging 4 yards per carry running the ball against Atl. He was a thousand yard back a few years ago. He is a quality back in this league, but because we stopped him, I guess that means he's a bum who doesn't deserve to be in the league right?

Our D Line is doing its job, and it will continue to get better as they learn more and more about each other. We don't need a world beater down there. We're fine with blue collar guys who just want to keep their starting jobs.

Don't know how good or bad the Raven’s OL is, but we got consistent pressure on the QB on a good amount of plays last night. I liked what I saw – maybe we haven’t fixed what some say is a glaring problem, but I for one don’t think it is a bad as it’s made out to be. The season will tell.

one 'X' factor has been that Zellner has looked strong at DE and at DT. he has made plays in the run game and gotten good pressure on the qb.

when we first signed him I assumed he was going to be the #8 or #9 lineman, however, it appears we are going to get a lot more mileage out of him :)

Hillarious All!! It is good to see everyone high as a kite, again! (even if I am the cautious skeptic, I was beginning to worry about you guys)

Yes, the D-line will be fine. Although I don't think this was true test for them.

This was a great test for the O. And they're the ones I worry about. They were on the field so much, my girlie said they looked tired- aah. If the O can stay on the field like THAT, I believe the D-line will 'appear' improved even without Gardener & Wilk'. Time of possesion can do wonders for a D-line.

Archived