Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Sun: Ravens-Redskins not your usual preseason bore-a-thon

MattFancy

No one in DC cares about Baltimore, least of all in re football.

The Ravens are in the AFC and the teams rarely meet with anything on the line.

Baltimore doesn't have an NHL or NBA franchise.

The baseball teams are laughingly bad on both sides. A series between the two teams is usually not even reported on in the Sportscenter highlights.

The cities are close but have nothing to compete for.

Washington is the national capital. Baltimore is a regional city.

Yeah Right... Have you been to Baltimore? Same people my ass...:logo:

My Dad's family's all from the the Baltimore area, and my mom's side's from closer to DC so I'm there all the time. Baltimore's as much my home as Washington in my eyes.

Let's put it this way...Washington people say that Baltimore can be overly honky-tonk, and Baltimore people say that Washington people have their noses in the air. I have news for everyone, those are all semi-valid assesments. There are parts of Baltimorethat are a bit rough. Anyone that's ever ridden through East Baltimore knows firsthand what drug neighborhoods look like. But I get really frustrated when I hear Washington people talking about how bad it is and how screwy the people are. You don't see people from Ft. Lauderdale or St. Petersburg railing on people from Miami or Tampa. The fact is that Baltimore has much more character than Washington in my opinion.

My Dad's family's all from the the Baltimore area, and my mom's side's from closer to DC so I'm there all the time. Baltimore's as much my home as Washington in my eyes.

Let's put it this way...Washington people say that Baltimore can be overly honky-tonk, and Baltimore people say that Washington people have their noses in the air. I have news for everyone, those are all semi-valid assesments. There are parts of Baltimorethat are a bit rough. Anyone that's ever ridden through East Baltimore knows firsthand what drug neighborhoods look like. But I get really frustrated when I hear Washington people talking about how bad it is and how screwy the people are. You don't see people from Ft. Lauderdale or St. Petersburg railing on people from Miami or Tampa. The fact is that Baltimore has much more character than Washington in my opinion.

Thank you for telling it like it is my friend. However, i wouldn't say that Bmore has more character. I would rather say that both areas have thier good and thier bad. I just don't like how people try to paint the entire city like its "The Wire" or a "big trailer park on wheels"... The entire city is not like that.

Thank you for telling it like it is my friend. However, i wouldn't say that Bmore has more character. I would rather say that both areas have thier good and thier bad. I just don't like how people try to paint the entire city like its "The Wire" or a "big trailer park on wheels"... The entire city is not like that.

this is in response to Godfathers thread, to me that's not fact, it's his opinion which is great..which I also agree with but that's because I know Baltimore City alot better then I do DC....we tend to generalize more or about something we know more about imho......my dislike for the Ravens (or then Colts as a kid growing up) has nothing to do with Baltimore, it has to do with the Ravens and alot of their fanbase.

I think when we start thrashing the cities of each team that it is a bit to much and very childish cause it has nothing to do with the product on the field

...my dislike for the Ravens (or then Colts as a kid growing up) has nothing to do with Baltimore, it has to do with the Ravens and alot of their fanbase. I think when we start thrashing the cities of each team is a bit to much cause it has nothing to do with the product on the field

I see. I would admit that there are times that i would like to see them (the Ravens) lose, due to some wreckless comments from a couple of Raven's fans. But generally, I can care less. So i do understand what you are saying.

I agree with you. Living in and around the Baltimore area, the city isn't that bad. Every big city in America has its good and bad sections. Just stay out of the bad areas and you'll be fine. There are plenty of areas in Baltimore I've walked around in late and night and been ok.

I see. I would admit that there are times that i would like to see them (the Ravens) lose, due to some wreckless comments from a couple of Raven's fans. But generally, I can care less. So i do understand what you are saying.

LOL...even worse when you have family members who are Ravens fans....my facebook page will be havic this season, with Skins s**k etc.....or see I told you bluh bluh..but it's all good

LOL...even worse when you have family members who are Ravens fans....my facebook page will be havic this season, with Skins s**k etc.....or see I told you bluh bluh..but it's all good

lol...funny you mention FB. Last year i came in contact with a childhood friend of mine, (She's a rabid Ravens fan). At the time my profile pick was Redskins related. One of the first things she said was something of the effect of "eww, I can't believe you like the deadskins"..SMH.

I suppose that when I say "more character," I mean that Baltimore's still very much an old world city in that it has various ethnic neighborhoods, local cuisine, and so forth. If people want to claim that half smokes are a DC food they're welcome to do so, but give me a Baltimore crab fluff anyday!

I suppose that when I say "more character," I mean that Baltimore's still very much an old world city in that it has various ethnic neighborhoods, local cuisine, and so forth. If people want to claim that half smokes are a DC food they're welcome to do so, but give me a Baltimore crab fluff anyday!

Agreed!

I too come from a split family - Dad's side are Skins fans since my Grandfather went to games at Griffith stadium. Mom's side were Colts fans and are now Ravens fans. I like Baltimore and DC both a lot as cities.

I definitely am a Skins fan and only a Skins fan, but I wish no ill towards the Ravens except when we play them. I just don't get why the Ravens fans always need to rag on the Skins. I was up at M&T Bank for a soccer friendly last year and shocker, there were people in purple camo shouting "pooskins!" at anything vaguely DC related. Then again, there are idiots everywhere. I guess I just feel lucky that we live in a metropolitan area where you have two very different, unique cities with their own flavors.

Archived