Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

denverpost.com: Bike agenda spins cities toward U.N. control, Maes warns

Destino

http://www.denverpost.com/election2010/ci_15673894

Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are "converting Denver into a United Nations community."

"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed," Maes told about 50 supporters who showed up at a campaign rally last week in Centennial.

Maes said in a later interview that he once thought the mayor's efforts to promote cycling and other environmental initiatives were harmless and well-meaning. Now he realizes "that's exactly the attitude they want you to have."

"This is bigger than it looks like on the surface, and it could threaten our personal freedoms," Maes said.

He added: "These aren't just warm, fuzzy ideas from the mayor. These are very specific strategies that are dictated to us by this United Nations program that mayors have signed on to."

Maes said in a later interview that he was referring to Denver's membership in the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives, an international association that promotes sustainable development and has attracted the membership of more than 1,200 communities, 600 of which are in the United States.

Denver became a member of the group in 1992, more than a decade before Hickenlooper became mayor. Eric Brown, the mayor's spokesman, said the city's contact with ICLEI "is limited."

The bikes are a UN plot to steal our freedoms. everybody panic!

On the surface, it sounds like this guy is a paranoid dip****. There are a lot of us who aren't enthralled with the UN, but at least we try to back up our sentiments with a fact or two here and there.

I would be interested to here where the other half of these ICLEI communities are. If 90% aren't in China, it sounds like a waste to me.

(And I'm well aware that plenty of people in China ride bikes. But if their initiative really is for the environment, and not just pro-cycling, China's just as important as we are; and likely much moreso.)

Man. If this guy hates cycling so much, what must he think about recycling?

Recycling? More like redistribution or property! When will people open their eyes and realize that recycling is nothing more than disguised communism teaching children to take from those that have them and giving to those that need them!

I'm sorry. I thought you were seeking comment and/or discussion. I'll excuse myself from the liberal circle jerk. :)

Don't get your red white and blue panties in a knot... this is a thread about a guy actually claiming that promoting cycling is a UN plot. This thread has humor written all over it. :ols:

Don't get your red white and blue panties in a knot... this is a thread about a guy actually claiming that promoting cycling is a UN plot. This thread has humor written all over it. :ols:

First of all, **** you. ;)

Second of all, they're boxer-briefs.

And third of all, if you really want to discuss this, I'll admit I 'spokes' too soon. Afterall, this only like the 6th post in the 'chain.' We haven't even gotten to the part where you homo libs discuss the joys of riding with the seat removed. :pfft:

First of all, **** you. ;)

Second of all, they're boxer-briefs.

And third of all, if you really want to discuss this, I'll admit I 'spokes' too soon. Afterall, this only like the 6th post in the 'chain.' We haven't even gotten to the part where you homo libs discuss the joys of riding with the seat removed. :pfft:

:ols::ols::ols:

That's the spirit!

"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed," Maes told about 50 supporters who showed up at a campaign rally last week in Centennial.

Notice the subtle attack perpetrated here by the mainstream media? They're trying to minimize Maes' importance by pointing out that he only drew "about 50" to his rally.

Well, the joke's on them: given his brave stance on this important issue, it's easy to see how he could easily draw three times that number to the polls by election day.

Notice the subtle attack perpetrated here by the mainstream media? They're trying to minimize Maes' importance by pointing out that he only drew "about 50" to his rally.

Well, the joke's on them: given his brave stance on this important issue, it's easy to see how he could easily draw three times that number to the polls by election day.

:ols::ols::ols:

Archived