Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Internet Viewing

NFL.com is picking up the preseason. I'm waiting to see what they will offer for the season. They give you 5 different camera shots for the game.

Took me a while to find it. Looks like it's here:

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/registerform

$40 for preseason online? That's a tough call. I guess I'm game. I wonder how HD their HD is.

EDIT: Here's about all I found interesting on their FAQ...

1.) You can't watch a game being shown locally -- or one that's on ESPN or NFL.com at the same time.

2.) You don't get to hear the home broadcasters.

Due to broadcast restrictions for games broadcast nationally on NFL Network, home team broadcasts will not be available for live streaming while the game is in progress. However, the home team broadcast will be available after the conclusion of the game in the Preseason Live game archives. Nevertheless, users will have access to the Away team broadcast while the game is in progress.

EDIT 2: For during the season, NFL.com Game Rewind lets you watch the entire game once it's done. $40 for the season.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

When are new games posted to Game Rewind? Why isn't Game Rewind available during certain times of the week?

New games are published to Game Rewind after the completion of the game(s) and will be available to Game Rewind subscribers by 6am EST the day after the game, except in the case of the Monday Night Football game which will be available by 12am EST the Wednesday following the game

Day Blackout Start Time Blackout End Time

Sundays 1:00 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

Mondays 8:30 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

Thursdays* 8:20 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

NFL.com had a few Sunday night or Monday night games on and their HD rocked with the different camera angles to choose from. Made it a little difficult because I kept on going between the different cameras. Sometimes more is not better. :(

Thanks for the find. $40 for preseason and $40 for Rewind. I'll have to think about it, but leaning to doing it. Gotta get capture software so I can record the game for in-depth reviewing later in the season.

Microsoft has remote control software already included, but you can also use tightvnc (freeware). That will allow you to take over their computer and view what they are viewing at the same time. Kind of a crude way, or you can get video capture software and send it that way as well.

NFL.com had a few Sunday night or Monday night games on and their HD rocked with the different camera angles to choose from. Made it a little difficult because I kept on going between the different cameras. Sometimes more is not better. :(

Thanks for the find. $40 for preseason and $40 for Rewind. I'll have to think about it, but leaning to doing it. Gotta get capture software so I can record the game for in-depth reviewing later in the season.

NFL Game Rewind includes preseason and the reqular season for $40. It's not live but I think it's still a great deal. This is from their website:

Does NFL Game Rewind include Playoff, Super Bowl, and/or Pro Bowl games?

No. NFL Game Rewind season subscription only includes preseason and regular season games and does not include playoff, Super Bowl, or Pro Bowl games. Playoff subscriptions can be purchased for an additional fee. Go to http://gamerewind.nfl.com for pricing information.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform - See FAQ on the bottom of the page.

NFL Game Rewind includes preseason and the reqular season for $40. It's not live but I think it's still a great deal.

My understanding is that Game Rewind

... is not live.

... is ONLY the regular season.

... is $40

They have Preseason Live this year as well, which...

... IS live.

... is ONLY the PREseason

... is an additional $40

So to get both is $80. They have a deal where both plus live audio streams during the season is $100, but if espn980.com streams games for free again, that's not a deal.

There are also places online -- see MTH's post -- that'll stream the games [not necessarily legally, IANAL] live for free. I will neither confirm nor deny watching these sometimes, but I should add that I've had more than one game stop streaming after a quarter or two.

Archived