Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What kind of car to buy?

Grizz

The OP needs to give more details other than what he has given to help narrow down the search or you see the huge variety of responses given. Especially given his price range.

To the OP, I suggest you read this to narrow down your search: http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/78388/article.html

I found this line from the article isn't very helpful:

Do you want a manual or automatic transmission?

It is very difficult to find a manual transmission unless you are buying an econobox or a sports car.

I had to go out of the way to find a wagon with a V6 and a manual transmission. I'm sure I'd have a hard (if not impossible) time finding one now.

It is very difficult to find a manual transmission unless you are buying an econobox or a sports car.

I had to go out of the way to find a wagon with a V6 and a manual transmission. I'm sure I'd have a hard (if not impossible) time finding one now.

True but the point being the OP made very broad ideas of what he needed out of a car. Thus everyone has a completely different opinion of what to get. We have seen ideas from 4 door sedans to big SUVs. By narrowing down his requirements better than more appropriate suggestions can be given.

I would:

1. Sell your F150 yourself. Do not trade it in. You can use KBB.com or Edmunds.com to get resale value information.

2. Buy a used car/truck from Carmax (or any other dealer that has a large selection of used cars). Pay for the Carfax on the vehicle so you know the history of it.

Go to Carmax.com and check out their inventory. Not sure where they are in the DC area, but there's one in Fredericksburg with good inventory.

EDIT: And please if you are going to buy an import go Honda. Why on earth anyone risks their lives with Toyota I don't know. Also, if you are trying to impress the ladies now that you are newly single, how many women look at a Hyundai, Kia, or Daewoo and think that you are the guy? The answer is 0 because all women are gold-diggers, :)

Not because I just bought a Hyndai Sonata SE or anything but Car and Driver did their comparison test between the Sonata, Accord, and Legacy. The results shocked the car world with the Sonata coming out on top.

Link

This car is a steal. It is fun to drive, with 200hp and sport tuned suspension and steering and beautiful. you can pick up a chick no DOUBT in this thing because a chick will love the look and once you tell her it's a Hyundai she'll know you are a sensible person. If she runs because it's simply a Hyundai then she is someone you don't want anyway.

I know it is government motors but you might want to look at a chevy malibu. My wife bought one and it is not only nice looking its pretty quick if you get it in a v6.

You did not say if you will be needing a car seat for any of your children. I know the back seat fits 3 fine without a car seat, but with a car seat its pretty cramped. If you have a car seat I would look at some form of an suv.

I think that is a great question. I just recently got a new car and refused to drive anything that was not manual, but you are right the manuals are rare to find.

For the OP, go to carmax, buy used and don't lose a few grand driving the car off the lot.

but you are right the manuals are rare to find.

Did you happen to check the glove box? :silly:

If your in a crew cab F-150 and like it, get a newer(07-08) one that fits in the price range your looking for. Have to agree with most as far as buying used. You can get more for less. BMX X5

Archived