Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ever been to or heard of Cheyenne Frontier Days?

wysknz1

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We have a Rodeo and a lot of other stuff cowboy related called Cheyenne Frontier Days. It's a BIG deal around here. The town pretty much gets put on hold for everything rodeo related. There's some OK night shows. This year opened with KISS and tonight is Brooks and Dunn's last show as a duo. There's Indians, a cattle drive for the rodeo stock, a carnival parades, free pancake breakfast and an air show by the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels.

So I got to wondering, since most of you are on the far side of this great old land, If and how many of you have ever heard of or been to this gig.

Also if you have been, post your comments about it. Maybe because I live here, But I pretty much hate it. Don't do C&W music or rodeos. Just wondering what an outsider thinks of it all. And I get tired of the influx of tourists.

Never been,but sounds like fun.

We are big on rodeo's here as well,though overshadowed by Houston's.

Course they both went citified and put roofs on:silly:

This one is supposed to be one of the largest outdoors. We get around 300,000 visitors for this thing. Cheyenne is only 55,000 strong as it is. It's the thing that keeps some buisnesses open for the rest of the year. It's a good economy thing I guess

This one is supposed to be one of the largest outdoors. We get around 300,000 visitors for this thing. Cheyenne is only 55,000 strong as it is. It's the thing that keeps some buisnesses open for the rest of the year. It's a good economy thing I guess

Yeah I'm sure it generates tourism bucks,I liked the outdoor ones better and refuse to go to the covered ones.

Ours was the largest outdoors one in Texas,too damned crowded now anyway....****s won't let ya smoke either.

What's next...a wine tasting? :soapbox: :silly:

Archived