Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Colt McCoy, Browns agree to deal

Oldskool

Did you see the drive I was talking about?

Nah, I didn't. I was watching the Panthers-Giants game. And I was flipping back and forth to the Braves-Cubs game.

I'm sure he looked good. But I just have never put much stock into what I see in preseason. Generally, it doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Different teams take different approaches to these games. Just look at our game. The Steelers only played Roethlisberger for one series. And most of their starters were gone by the end of the 1st quarter. While ours played most of the first half. And then there are coaches that basically don't show but a fourth of their playbooks. Those are just a few reasons why I think its meaningless.

Nah, I didn't. I was watching the Panthers-Giants game. And I was flipping back and forth to the Braves-Cubs game.

I'm sure he looked good. But I just have never put much stock into what I see in preseason. Generally, it doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Different teams take different approaches to these games. Just look at our game. The Steelers only played Roethlisberger for one series. And most of their starters were gone by the end of the 1st quarter. While ours played most of the first half. And then there are coaches that basically don't show but a fourth of their playbooks. Those are just a few reasons why I think its meaningless.

Well it was the 1st series of the game so i'm sure there were some 1st string packers out there. I certainly recognize the difference between preseaon and regular season, and also what mccoy was doing vs what the other colt did, and its apples and oranges imo.

Well it was the 1st series of the game so i'm sure there were some 1st string packers out there. I certainly recognize the difference between preseaon and regular season, and also what mccoy was doing vs what the other colt did, and its apples and oranges imo.

We had Tramon Williams in for the first series, but Charles Woodson and Sam Shields were both out. Our 4th round rookie who's been said to be our 4th best CB, Davon House, was also out. Instead we had our 5th/6th CBs in Jarrett Bush and Pat Lee playing opposite Williams and in the nickel. Guess which CBs McCoy picked on; I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Tramon Williams.

That exchange was too funny but sadly its typical of extremeskins.

Sight unseen people are always ready to attempt to shoot down any opinion that goes against there pre-conceived perceptions.

Never mind that McCoy had a good rookie season last year on par with Sam Bradford.

Heck, the new TQBR and Football Outsiders have McCoy's season ahead of Bradford.

But, yeah of course McCoy looked good against UPS drivers! (even though it was 1st team 1s vs 1s)

Archived