Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ECPI Bachelors program?

gutlead74

Don't waste your time with ECPI. It is nothing more then an extremely expensive piece of paper. I got my Associates from there and was so in debt that I had to join the military to complete my bachelors with my GI Bill. No job you will get from ECPI will be enough to pay off the debt you pile up while going through one of their programs.

Don't waste your time with ECPI. It is nothing more then an extremely expensive piece of paper. I got my Associates from there and was so in debt that I had to join the military to complete my bachelors with my GI Bill. No job you will get from ECPI will be enough to pay off the debt you pile up while going through one of their programs.

Good insight this is the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you for your honesty.

As someone who does hire in technical fields, I would encourage you to look at the reputation of the college first, and then see if they offer the courses that meet your needs.

Fairly or unfairly, there is a common view that people who attend no-name colleges are doing so because they couldn't get into one with greater name recognition.

This is true for online versus full-time classroom based education.

I do have some credits at USC I guess I should just finish there. Just got a job a few hours ago and the bussiness hours are conducive to night school. Go ****s!!

Don't do it, like others have said it's a for profit/degree mill school. I am back in school for the second time (my first B.A. in Criminology from UMD is basically worthless now) for IT-network security at my local community college. I am paying a fraction of what it would cost to go to a four year institution, plus my credits can transfer. I would look at Univeristy of Maryland University college (UMUC), they teach a lot of network security classes online, plus the school is in the University of Maryland Public School System, so your credits count.

http://www.umuc.edu/index.shtml

I was actually just at ITT Technical institute tonight inquiring about going to that school for thier information security systems degree. They were saying that if you get a bachelors degree in that field that you can look into working for the CIA or Deperatment of defense. Does anyone have any knowledge of ITT. Is it along the lines of ecpi? I am really at a loss and need to go to school for a degree.

I was actually just at ITT Technical institute tonight inquiring about going to that school for thier information security systems degree. They were saying that if you get a bachelors degree in that field that you can look into working for the CIA or Deperatment of defense. Does anyone have any knowledge of ITT. Is it along the lines of ecpi? I am really at a loss and need to go to school for a degree.

You can, but it is a Degree mill and expensive. I was in it for my assoc. Nothing will transfer to a 4 year. Even NOVA wont take any credits. I have a friend who has his degree from ITT, he was recently accepted to a masters program at GMU. So there is hope, a degree is a degree for the most part. Now I'm headed back to ITT, dont want to, but have to I'll have my BA in 18 months. Expensive yes, worth it of course, its a degree. It also eaiser to juggle a full time job with schools like this. But if your starting out, community then xfer to a 4 year.

ITT is the same as ECPI

Don't waste your money. Go to a community college or a four year school. Further, a bachelors from ECPI, ITT etc.. is not the same as a bachelors from a four year school, that's why none of the credits will transfer. You're basically getting the equivilent of an associates.

I also doubt the CIA or whoever would hire someone with a "degree" from that place over a person with a degree from a four year institution.

ITT is the same as ECPI

Don't waste your money. Go to a community college or a four year school. Further, a bachelors from ECPI, ITT etc.. is not the same as a bachelors from a four year school, that's why none of the credits will transfer. You're basically getting the equivilent of an associates.

I also doubt the CIA or whoever would hire someone with a "degree" from that place over a person with a degree from a four year institution.

Yea my dad was pretty skeptical about ITT. Heard anything about UMUC? With my work schedule and age online schooling would work pretty well for me.

ITT is the same as ECPI

George Mason is accepting my friends BA from ITT for his masters, but they don't accept the AAS. This is the only reason I am going back to finish with ITT and also so I didnt waste 2 yrs and 30G.

Archived