Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring Back Thrash to help out Receivers?

Rhodus333

If Thrash's determination, ambition and work ethic rub off on the young guys, that alone would be enough reason for me to bring him in here again. No matter what you say about him, he would do anything the team needed done, and it showed that he took pride in his work. I wish we could bring him in as a positions coach or an assistant. Bringing Thrash back into the fold would also breed familiarity with McNabb. Im for this move in any fashion.

I don't think Thrash is going to help out the new guys getting any more familiar with McNabb. It takes reps in order to get familiar. Lots of reps.

On a side note if I were a HC and wanted my WR's to pick up determination, ambition, and work ethic I'd pick someone other then Thrash..... perhaps Jerry Rice.

Not to be a jerk but I too seem to get the impression you asked people what they thought about bringing Thrash back and purposefully left out a "NO" answer. Then when you started getting a resounding "NO" from other fans you didn't like the answer. Maybe you should have just wrote your comment and then locked the thread?

I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but i did disagree with his reasoning for not bringing him back. I have no problem with someone saying they don't want to bring Thrash back but I didn't think his reason held water was all. One season under the circus show that was Zorn's team would make it next to impossible to gauge anyone's talent level. There were way to many problems.

I like hearing everyone's opinions but if I don't agree with their reasoning i'm gonna try to have a discussion with them and show them where I think their logic is faulty and convince them otherwise.

For the record Brett I liked the idea of bringing him in as a special assistant coach as well. He definitley made an impact on the team there and that may be a better, more realistic way to get some of his hard work ethic to rub off on the younger guys. My main point was that I think he'd be a low risk signing that has the potential to add some competitiveness and improve the skins, and i really don't see how having him around could have any kind of negative effect. At worst he makes no difference and they get rid of him, but he certainly wouldn't hurt the organization. That's why all the strong negative responses surprised me so much.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but i did disagree with his reasoning for not bringing him back. I have no problem with someone saying they don't want to bring Thrash back but I didn't think his reason held water was all. One season under the circus show that was Zorn's team would make it next to impossible to gauge anyone's talent level. There were way to many problems.

I like hearing everyone's opinions but if I don't agree with their reasoning i'm gonna try to have a discussion with them and show them where I think their logic is faulty and convince them otherwise.

For the record Brett I liked the idea of bringing him in as a special assistant coach as well. He definitley made an impact on the team there and that may be a better, more realistic way to get some of his hard work ethic to rub off on the younger guys. My main point was that I think he'd be a low risk signing that has the potential to add some competitiveness and improve the skins, and i really don't see how having him around could have any kind of negative effect. At worst he makes no difference and they get rid of him, but he certainly wouldn't hurt the organization. That's why all the strong negative responses surprised me so much.

I understand, but keep in mind Thrash's first stint with the Skins while he was younger was nothing to speak of. Yes he did better with the Eagles. We brought him back and he again didn't thrive. He was outstanding on special teams but otherwise nothing to speak of. Plus now he's old.

As I said before, we have a ton of coach's on offense that can help out the WR's if they see a problem.

the Redskins don't need better receivers coaches, the team simply needs more productive and talented receivers :)

that's why I started a thread about a possible move for a WR before the start of the regular season.

Looking at the receivers not named Santana Moss I don't think Shanahan will see any other choice.

Whether it is a trade or a signing of a higher-profile veteran (than Wade or Furrey) that is released is hard to tell, but I can see it coming.

Archived