Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTA tweets - 6/8/10

c4man5282

This staff seems to like Barnes A LOT! I could see him being the 3rd CB this year taking over if Rogers leaves next season.

I've heard multiple people say this, but I must have missed the article(s) about it. Do you have any links?

Small recievers are vital in WCOs as well. Thats why Pittburgh and the Eagles have so many small shifty guys that can do damage on slants and make YAC (Jackson, Maclin, Kevin Curtis, Randle El, Ward).

Jerry Rice was a bigger guy no? Pretty decent WCO WR IMO.

Small receivers, big receivers - thats a fashion thing mainly. What you want are receivers who run good routes, get separation and catch the ball - whatever their size. Some receivers will be better at certain routes than others and sometimes size is a factor in that but not to the extent that we as fans talk about.

As to your comment on the slant the normal view on that is you want bigger guys running that route so they can box the corner off from the ball.

Jerry Rice was a bigger guy no? Pretty decent WCO WR IMO.

Small receivers, big receivers - thats a fashion thing mainly. What you want are receivers who run good routes, get separation and catch the ball - whatever their size. Some receivers will be better at certain routes than others and sometimes size is a factor in that but not to the extent that we as fans talk about.

As to your comment on the slant the normal view on that is you want bigger guys running that route so they can box the corner off from the ball.

Pittsburgh does not run a WCO.

Archived