Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[ESPN] On the radar: Skins' RB rotation

honejc

What do I think? I think he's exactly 100% correct. Portis may be decent in spurts but every back that played last year when Portis was "injured" looked better than he did. Probably because they actually practiced. At any rate, I can't wait until next season when the skins hopefully have a full compliment of draft picks and get a young rb with speed. And a QB :)

The other team has to fear the threat of the "big play" in order to be successful. We've seen what happens to the short game when they're not threatened.

Overall I agree with your opinion. We've had a great Defense despite our Offense. They got old, and unfortunately many didn't get the glory they deserve.

My hope is that with our changes, the defenses we face respect our offense's willingness and success at the big play.

Yup, my point was that there's a place, and a need, for both: the big play, and the steady, clock-eating offence. Hopefully we'll finally have both.

I was thinking Parker was the odd man out too. My other concern is that Westbrook accepts our offer and then gets another concussion.

Well, in that case we cut him. Because if he signs, it will be to a team-friendly, risk-free contract. And then either Torrain steps up or we pick up Parker again, who already knows the system.

Archived