Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2004: Bread & Butter plays.....?

NoCalMike

I am assuming we all ALWAYS use the Skins, but I guess you can just list any plays you use for ANY team here.....

Personally, on rushing I just LOVE the I-formation Counter. Especially with the new playmaker mode where I can direct a freee blocker to help out. It makes the cutback so much easier.

For Passing, I have played a defense yet that can stop the little sideline pass to Coles for 5-7 yards. Just hike, give an instant pump fake and then toss it over there......I believe it is on the Singleback formation.

There's another great one NoCal, esp for the a-holes online that like to blitz you all day--HB Wheel. I forget what the Wrs do on that play honestly, because it's ready-made for Trung or even Kenny. they do a long wheel route and head down the sideline after the wideouts have cleared the area. Even if you throw it early, you have a good shot to make some yards.

Will it ALWAYS work? No. BUt if you're having trouble finding open WRs kill them with passes to the TEs and RBs. In fact, most guys I've played against, you damn well better throw to the RBs because the default AI on All-Pro for the DBs is WAaaaaay too good. And the WRs drop too many online.

Offline, just adjust sliders and you can rock out.

As for running, unlike previous years, Counter plays actually work in this game! The draw is still too unpredictable because guys really shed their blocks it seems(online at least) but the counter works even against quality human opponents.

ANd play action routes after several runs really DOES work. You can even get an open guy on a fly pattern if you call one.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

IFor Passing, I have played a defense yet that can stop the little sideline pass to Coles for 5-7 yards. Just hike, give an instant pump fake and then toss it over there......I believe it is on the Singleback formation.

Yes, that one is amazing. I have that one set as one of my audibles. Pretty much every time I need to convert on third and short or whenever I'm inside the 5, that is where I go. As a result, Mr. Coles has been racking up TD's with impunity on my franchise mode. I love this game!! :notworthy

In the Shotgun trips formation, there's a short yardage play where Coles lines up on the inside and runs a lazy out. Just hike the ball and immediately throw it to him -- it gets you a minimum of five yards every time, usually more. Just for kicks, I ran this play six times in a row until I scored.

Archived