Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carucci feeds the spin about McNabb and Kolb: "more accurate and efficient" Really now?

The Full Monty

I completely agree with you on that one, he's a huge upgrade over Campbell and along with the rest of the moves I think helps make the Redskins a middle of the pack team this year instead of a bottom feeder.

I hoping at least middle of the pack. At years end maybe in position to make skins fan something to cheer about in December...... :D

No signs of declining? Did you not see his performance 2 weeks in a row against the boy's? When it mattered most' date=' and coming off the previous weeks blowout, he's pretending to be Elvis coming out of the tunnel, this is not a QB who is mentally prepaired for what amounts to the biggest game of the season.[/quote']

C'mon man really.

This is the same type of BS post people used to make about Campbell.

Its illogical to look at his 2 of his worst games from last year to judge wether he's declining or not.

One could just as illogically look at 2 of his better games and say that he's improving like the Tampa Bay game 157.2 rating or the Giants game 146.7 rating.

What does him dancing in the tunnel have to do with anything?

I said it before, and I will say it again, McNabb is done, is he better than JC even at this stage of his career? Yes! but that doesn't mean a whole lot considering JC's talent level.

McNabb is done? B/c looking at last year it doesn't make any sense to say that and hate JC all you want he but he's still better then half the QBs in the league.

As usual we all remain optimistic about all the great moves we make every offseason, disreguarding the obvious, that is until the season starts and reality actually sets in, and the reality in this particular situation is that a division rival sent him to a team in whom they play twice a year,

Again your logic is backwards, just because team A trades a player away doesn't mean that player isn't good there are plenty of examples every year in the NFL and it usually comes down to money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816179

Donovan McNabb will be the team's quarterback next season."

Reid sought to squelch speculation about McNabb's future with one year left on his contract.

"That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."

There situation reminds me of the Favre vs Ron Wolf/Aaron Rodgers situation.

consider the team that sent him has been very good at talent evaluation the team that they sent him to has been a laughingstock, this should at the very least raise a lot of caution to what McNabb has left in the tank?

You realize we have different FO making the decisions?

We're talking about Mike Shanahan here dude i think he's earned a good bit of leeway when it comes to the QB both evaluating and coaching the QB position wouldn't you say?

Here's how "done" McNabb was last year:**Mute for Profanity**

6R7EB0ki4Hw&

I honestly think McNabb hasn't even peaked yet as a QB. Playing QB is all about catering the offense around the strengths of the QB. The Colts offense is designed for Manning, The Saints transformed their offense to fit Bree's attributes, and New England caters to Brady's strengths. However, I dont believe Andy Reid catered to the strengths of McNabb all that well.

McNabb is a play action QB. If you look at his highlights most of his big plays come off the run fake. But how can you be a playaction QB with no consistent run game as Andy Reid attempted in Philly?? Reid's idea of a running play was a five yard dump pass to Westbrook. What you end up with is a good QB with skewed completion percentage numbers. Shanahan's offense fits McNabb's style of play, just as Brad Childress offense fits Brett Farve's. At 40, Farve posted his best numbers for one reason only. The SYSTEM!

The Eagles get shut out in one game and none of it is his fault? In 3 games last year against Dallas McNabb failed to reach a 75 rating even once, never threw for more than 230 yards, and threw 2 TDs to 3 ints. Philly D may of given up big plays, but McNabb did nothing.

Thats a fair point. How did he do in the other games he played? Must have been pretty good as he ended up with a 90+ passer overall rating on the regular season, a 10-4 regular season record and a Pro Bowl berth.

Its hard to sustain an argument that the last 2 games versus Dallas show McNabb is in terminal decline when viewed in the context of his performance over the whole season. Both he and the whole Eagles team had two bad performances.

Of course it remains to be seen how his performance as an Eagle in a system he knows backwards and which was built around him carries over to a new situation, system and coaching. Its also true that at the stage of his career he is at he will only get worse not better. If we can get 3 years out of him at or close to how he played the last couple of years as an Eagle it was a good trade IMO.

C'mon man really.
This is the same type of BS post people used to make about Campbell.

As it turned out all that BS wasn't BS now was it?

Its illogical to look at his 2 of his worst games from last year to judge wether he's declining or not.

Well it was the last 2, and it also was the 2 most important games he had all year.

One could just as illogically look at 2 of his better games and say that he's improving like the Tampa Bay game 157.2 rating or the Giants game 146.7 rating.

Yes it would be illogical, reason? When the game became do or die, he was no where to be found.

What does him dancing in the tunnel have to do with anything?

He just came off a game in which he missed probably 4 deep balls for TD's, all week long all anyone could talk about pertaining to that game was McNabb has to perform much better for the Eagles to win the game, he then comes out with the focus of a rock star with nothing on his mind but which groupie he's going to nail as soon as he get's off the stage.

A QB's focus has to be so deep with what he needs to do as he hit's the field the last thing he should have on his mind is jumping around like a little kid about to enter the gate at his first carnival.

McNabb is done? B/c looking at last year it doesn't make any sense to say that and hate JC all you want he but he's still better then half the QBs in the league.
Again your logic is backwards, just because team A trades a player away doesn't mean that player isn't good there are plenty of examples every year in the NFL and it usually comes down to money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816179

There situation reminds me of the Favre vs Ron Wolf/Aaron Rodgers situation.

Really??? Is that why Wolf refused to trade Favre within the division?? Talk about backwards.

You realize we have different FO making the decisions?

Well they were smart enough to dump JC's A** as fast as they could, so yes there is hope as far as a new direction for talent evaluation, but after JC it is virtually impossible not to better ourselves at QB.

We're talking about Mike Shanahan here dude i think he's earned a good bit of leeway when it comes to the QB both evaluating and coaching the QB position wouldn't you say?

Here's how "done" McNabb was last year:**Mute for Profanity**

6R7EB0ki4Hw&

so yes there is hope as far as a new direction for talent evaluation' date=' but after JC it is virtually impossible not to better ourselves at QB.[/quote']

You still haven't proved your point.

How can a top QB, a pro-bowl QB, coming off a good season be done?

Methinks you just like to complain about the Redskins in general and especially the QB.

Out of curiosity what better move could the skins have made at QB?

Back on topic though.....this whole accuracy thing is overblown because McNabb throws a ball in the dirt once in while, every QB misses throws some throw behind, some throw too high, some even throw picks etc.

And McNabbs accuracy numbers could be higher if 1) the Eagles had a running game 2) McNabb dinked and dunked more.

The bottom line about accuracy is can the QB hit what there throwing at and the answer without a doubt about McNabb is yes and he has one of the best deep balls in game.

The question remains about Kolb sure they can crown him the accuracy King but it doesn't mean squat until he gets on the field this year.

And going by his brief 2 game career against some pretty soft pass defenses he's thrown 4 TDs-3 Ints so apparently his uber-accuracy works both ways.

Hail!

You still haven't proved your point.

How can a top QB, a pro-bowl QB, coming off a good season be done?

Methinks you just like to complain about the Redskins in general and especially the QB.

Out of curiosity what better move could the skins have made at QB?

Back on topic though.....this whole accuracy thing is overblown because McNabb throws a ball in the dirt once in while, every QB misses throws some throw behind, some throw too high, some even throw picks etc.

And McNabbs accuracy numbers could be higher if 1) the Eagles had a running game 2) McNabb dinked and dunked more.

The bottom line about accuracy is can the QB hit what there throwing at and the answer without a doubt about McNabb is yes and he has one of the best deep balls in game.

The question remains about Kolb sure they can crown him the accuracy King but it doesn't mean squat until he gets on the field this year.

And going by his brief 2 game career against some pretty soft pass defenses he's thrown 4 TDs-3 Ints so apparently his uber-accuracy works both ways.

Hail!

Do you ever comprehend? 1 more time, his last 2 games he was awfull, it was IMO a big sign of his declining skills, he over threw how many open receivers for potential TD's at Dallas the final week of the reg season. And as he usually does in Philli he disapears in the big games, championship games, super bowls, where a QB can be a difference maker he looks ordinary to say the least, and to further that I have seen other QB's who have looked at least as good as McNabb if not better than McNabb in that Philli offensive scheme, and that is what most were saying about Garcia when he finished the season for McNabb, that is why Miami gave Feeley such a big contract, and outside of Philli he's horrible, which brings me to the conclusion that McNabb has been overated from day one, and now he no longer posesses the physical skills he once had, I believe he is set to fall off the perverbial cliff, remember he will no longer have D. Jackson outrunning defensive backs by 5 to 10 yards 2 and 3 times a game any longer.

And to further my opinion that he's done, there is no way the Eagles trade him within the division if they were not sure of it, NO WAY! Especially after this great season you say he had, numbers as usual don't tell most of the story, the eye evaluation is what counts, and you can bet your last dollar Philli knows it!

As for the QB position other than the McNabb trade? I would have went with youth, I would have traded down and grabbed Clausen, or stuck with what we have and taken a shot on bringing in Quinn, if that failed we will have a high pick next season, and get our future QB then. But of coarse if I was in charge of the draft we would have been sitting pretty with a lot of draft picks for this past draft, I wouldn't throw away picks on the likes of J. Taylor, but of coarse that's all hypothetical regardless.

Do you ever comprehend? 1 more time' date=' his last 2 games he was awfull, it was IMO a big sign of his declining skills,[/quote']

No i don't comprehend because it doesn't make sense.

BTW you said that he was done not 'declining'.cd

he over threw how many open receivers for potential TD's at Dallas the final week of the reg season. And as he usually does in Philli he disapears in the big games, championship games, super bowls, where a QB can be a difference maker he looks ordinary to say the least,

Dude you're so backwards.

You have to be good a QB to reach thoses big games, championship games and to reach the superbowl.

Go check the stats of the QBs that lost in their playoffs games, guess what most of the times their not good.

Does that mean that every QB that has a bad game in their last game is declining?

which brings me to the conclusion that McNabb has been overated from day one, and now he no longer posesses the physical skills he once had, I believe he is set to fall off the perverbial cliff,

Just because you keep repeating your opinion isn't the same as supporting your opinion.

After a pro-bowl season you believe he's set to decline in performance.

There is no logic in the above statement.^^

And to further my opinion that he's done, there is no way the Eagles trade him within the division if they were not sure of it, NO WAY! Especially after this great season you say he had, numbers as usual don't tell most of the story, the eye evaluation is what counts, and you can bet your last dollar Philli knows it!

Again you re-peating the same thing, just because a team trades a player doesn't mean that player isn't good.

As for the QB position other than the McNabb trade? I would have went with youth, I would have traded down and grabbed Clausen, or stuck with what we have and taken a shot on bringing in Quinn, if that failed we will have a high pick next season, and get our future QB then.

You probably would have reached for Clausen to early.

Stuck with Campbell? Your such a hypocrite after bashing Campbell non-stop you would have stuck with him?

Brady Quinn lol!

You're complaining about McNabb coming off a pro-bowl season but would have tried to bring in Brady effing Quinn? Wow!

BTW-We can still get a QB of the future next year or the year after that

You're right.

There isn't enough NFL data on Kolb yet for Carucci to make this declaration versus McNabb.

Kolb has played in 3 NFL games. He looked bad against 2 good defenses (Saints and Ravens) and good against a bad defense (Chiefs).

The only meter Carucci could be using is Kolb's college stats. His best season (his senior one), Kolb threw for 3800 yards and 30 TDs. His passing percentage was 67.6, which is good.

However, that is college ball, where he routinely threw against lesser competition like Lafyette and Texas Christian.

If you could use that criteria, then every QB who won the Heisman Trophy would be a Super Bowl champion. As we know, it doesn't work that way.

None of that is to say Kolb won't be a great QB (I hope not :) ). However, it is WAY too early to declare him better than any established QB in the NFL, or even the next up and coming one.

The jury is still out on Kolb.

I agree, a lot of qbs in their first year do well because of the lack of game tape. Like zorns offense

I hear ya, but McNabb has been known to be a little off-target sometimes, over-throwing or almost spiking the ball into the ground...plus he gets a lot of balls batted. That being said, no QB is perfect and I am excited to have him because overall he is a great QB

Archived