Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Novel Bad Guys?

Thinking Skins

I was surfing another forum and out of nowhere made a reference to Jack Nicholson and One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. Motivated by this random reference, I went on Youtube and looked up a classic scene.

It is the scene were Mac is trying to get the mental institution guys to watch the World Series. In the scene, it is clearly obvious that Nurse Ratchet is one of the best villains.

I remember reading One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in high school, and Nurse Ratchet was as much a ***** in that book as she was in the movie.

I would say that Nurse Ratched is by far the most infuriating character I have ever come across in a book.

If you haven't read One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, then do it.

Also, Inspector Javert from Les Miserables is a pretty bad guy too, If you want to read a really long book.

I'm not saying this is all the way up there at the top, but V for Vendetta had a whole section devoted to the way the fascist dictator thought... and by the end I thought to myself, you know, I can see how that would make sense. It was excellent. Not so much character development as understanding the other perspective.

Try "Mort" by Terry Pratchett

The character "Death", (you know..the Grim Reaper?), is a great novel bad guy.

Well...he's not exactly bad, but Death does, (literally), fit your definition of a "good bad guy".

If you have a chance, pick up the book and I promise that you will be thoroughly entertained.

Archived