Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone/iTunes- Sync Help please

ljs

I downloaded an updated version of iTunes, as it gave me a prompt that a new version was available. I've done that before and not had any problems. This time appeared to be just fine as well.

Then I Sync'd my iPhone Wednesday morning and was gone for a few days so shut my computer down. (this is my home desktop computer)

Get back in town and pulled up my iTunes, and noticed that I'm missing 2 days worth of songs. I recall having about 4 days worth of music and now its showing 2.2 days worth of music.

I also noticed that all of my playlists are gone- and these are playlists that are standard for iTunes such as the "top rated" and "recently added" categories.

Many of the missing songs are on my iPhone- and I'm really worried that if I sync my phone I'm going to lose that music and have to re-download it.

I'm also not showing any of my apps on the iTunes, so also not sure if I will lose all of the apps on my iPhone if I sync it.

Does anyone know what may have occurred and is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Thanks-

just to clarify so I don't **** it all up- I want to delete itunes on my computer, go to the website and re-download? I assume it will then ask for my account information? In the mean time I'll go to the apple website and see what it says about re-downloading it.

well I re installed itunes on my desktop- and that did not fix the problem.

SS- I only have my "top rated" on my iPhone- about 350 songs, I have at least 1600 or more on my itunes on the computer. But right now its showing 817 songs. Many of my "top Rated" that are on my phone are not on my computer- I'm gonna wait a bit longer before syncing, b/c right now I don't have a "top Rated" play list, and the iTunes on my computer shows no apps- I have about 40 apps on my phone.

couple of questions:

1. mac or pc iTunes?

2. Do you sync with any other computer besides the one that has all the files?

3. In your iTunes you should have a backup of your iPhone. Is it dated close enough that it would have everything? If so restore to that version.

4. Your iPhone doesn't move music from it to your iTunes. But there is 3rd party software where you can reverse send your information. Use one of those.

couple of questions:

1. mac or pc iTunes?

2. Do you sync with any other computer besides the one that has all the files?

3. In your iTunes you should have a backup of your iPhone. Is it dated close enough that it would have everything? If so restore to that version.

4. Your iPhone doesn't move music from it to your iTunes. But there is 3rd party software where you can reverse send your information. Use one of those.

1- PC

2-no

3- the backup would restore my iphone to the original settings, losing all of my apps and songs

4- Thanks, I'll check for that.

Archived