Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb coming up on PTI...

Rypien1191

You have to figure, though, he hasn't even played a snap for us. He's still an Eagle in his head, and may always be one. You never, though. I mean, if you ask London Fletcher who does he think he is, a Ram or a Redskins what do you think he'd say? I'm not sure I'd even know that answer.

It'll depend on how things work out whether or not he's seen as a "Redskin who use to be an Eagle" or "An Eagle who became a Redskin".

Let me ask this.... If a guy plays for 11 seasons with one team and gets traded to another and plays for 3 to 4 seasons, who do you see him as?

Example: Doug Williams couldn't do squat with the Bucs. Skins pick him up and they win a SB with him. Is he a Buc or a Skin? Although he's currently working for the Bucs.

Example: B-Mitch picked up by Skins and plays for many yrs. One heck of KR/PR. He leaves and bounces around. Is he a Skin, Eagle, or Giant? To me he's an Eagle. Mostly cause he bad mouths the Skins all the time and still does.

Example: Lavar. How do you see him? I'd say Skin.

To me since McNabb was drafted by the Eagles and played most of his career there then he's theirs. I guess I'm glad we have someone better then JC right now but in the end unless he takes us to a SB which will lighten my feelings.... he's an Eagle.

its hard to grow an attachment to a playre that was raised and developed by another team, and only comes here for a few seasons. Especially when they come form a devision rival.

Bruce Smith, Deon Sanders, McNabb, etc etc.

McNabb has a chance to be a little different story - he was hated in Phili... that kind of gives him a chance to 'be a redskin' in history, if he does well. He'll be the player Phili was too stupid to embrace - and a player the Redskins did embrace.

It'll all depend on how it plays out.. its impossible to tell right now. He could win the SB and play for 5 more years here and make the skins a legit contender, as well as mentor his future replacement. He could also get injured in the first game behind a ****ty O Line, and his career be over.

Both have the same chance, as well as everything in between, in my mind.

Archived