Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Quick help, can I get some Replys?

H-O-G

Okay,

I wanted to order a new pair of basketball shoes off finishline.com. I find the pair I want, and go through the process of ordering. After I submit the order, it begins to try and process it and freezes up. I am dumb and click it like 3 times to try and get it to go through.

Its not working so I try to order them again, and it says my cards not authorized. I check my online bank account (Bank of America) and turns out its showing I bought 4 pairs of this shoe that I only wanted one of and its depleted my account (their expensive jordans lol)

The customer service line for finish line opens at 8am..Do i call them immediately at 8 and explain it (im sure this happens time to time)

or do I call my bank of america customer service and have them deny 3 of the 4 pending transactions?...

Please help, any replies are greatly appreciated lol

Call your bank immediately :)

ok i just checked and the bank opens @ 7am, will they be able to deny three of the four pending charges. Because I do want one of them....

Really fell outta my chair when I saw $800+ gone from my account lol

Don't call your bank. Call Finishline when they open and tell them what happened. It will be an easy fix. They will cancel the other 3 and charge you for the one pair. Pretty simple transaction. In the future, though, you should never click the submit order button more than one time. It usually tells you to only click once.

Don't call your bank. Call Finishline when they open and tell them what happened. It will be an easy fix. They will cancel the other 3 and charge you for the one pair. Pretty simple transaction. In the future, though, you should never click the submit order button more than one time. It usually tells you to only click once.

the bank customer service opens at 7am.

finish line is 8am..

still just call finish line? This is what i found on their website

How do I cancel an order?

If for any reason you would like to cancel your order, please call 888-777-3949 as soon as possible. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request but cannot guarantee that your request will be honored due to real time order processing. If an order has already entered the shipping process, we will not be able to cancel the order.

If your order cannot be cancelled, you may either refuse delivery of the product or ship the product back to us. Finish Line Online advises that when shipping product back, customers should choose the same shipper that delivered the product, as well as insure the item for full value should anything happen during shipping. Finish Line is not responsible for returned product in transit.

Please see our Return Policies section for further details. We will not refund shipping for these orders since the order already was shipped.

do you think my order(s) will enter shipping phase by 8am? ..

the bank customer service opens at 7am.

finish line is 8am..

still just call finish line? This is what i found on their website

How do I cancel an order?

If for any reason you would like to cancel your order, please call 888-777-3949 as soon as possible. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request but cannot guarantee that your request will be honored due to real time order processing. If an order has already entered the shipping process, we will not be able to cancel the order.

do you think my order(s) will enter shipping phase by 8am? ..

I don't agree with Bubble.

Call your bank and tell them they charged your card 4 times for one order. Don't even get into why, or how you clicked a submit button 4 times. Tell them you ordered a pair of shoes and they overcharged you.

Dude, chill out, you'll be fine....

These things are a super-easy fix, and it's obvious that this was a mistake. Don't lose sleep over it, call whoever is open first when you're awake, they'll fix it pronto.

btw, most orders ship around noon-3pm from the warehouse.

Really no big deal.

Dude, chill out, you'll be fine....

These things are a super-easy fix, and it's obvious that this was a mistake. Don't lose sleep over it, call whoever is open first when you're awake, they'll fix it pronto.

btw, most orders ship around noon-3pm from the warehouse.

Really no big deal.

Just worried because I'm going on a spring break trip in a day or two and dont want there to be any kind of holds or anything on the money that was taken out, thats why im nervous

Call your bank and tell them they charged your card 4 times for one order. Don't even get into why, or how you clicked a submit button 4 times. Tell them you ordered a pair of shoes and they overcharged you.

sounds good, was probably going to do this since my bank opens an hour before finishline's customer service. If I want, can I still call finishline and let them know the situation.

I'll tell my bank I only ordered one pair of shoes, but four charges went through.

Wouldn't hurt to give the bank a call.

Also, send an email to Finish Line so they know that it happened tonight. Time stamps are always good.

I don't think businesses generally like cancellations. I know Steam will ban your account and any games you have if you cancel a charge on them instead of working it out with them. I'd try to resolve this with finish line first.

I don't think businesses generally like cancellations. I know Steam will ban your account and any games you have if you cancel a charge on them instead of working it out with them. I'd try to resolve this with finish line first.

If you dispute a claim the bank will put a stop payment on the charge and tell you to call the seller. If they cannot resolve the issue then the bank will investigate. All he's doing is making sure he covers all his bases, his best bet is to deal with Finish Line as they can cancel the charges before the bank can.

If you dispute a claim the bank will put a stop payment on the charge and tell you to call the seller. If they cannot resolve the issue then the bank will investigate. All he's doing is making sure he covers all his bases, his best bet is to deal with Finish Line as they can cancel the charges before the bank can.

Having been a merchant and selling products on a website, I can assure you the best way to stop the madness of the payments is to call your bank. Calling the website/merchant will simply slow down the process of halting the lock on the funds.

Having been a merchant and selling products on a website, I can assure you the best way to stop the madness of the payments is to call your bank. Calling the website/merchant will simply slow down the process of halting the lock on the funds.

I guess it's different when dealing with a return on a defective product.

So overall how does this plan sound?

Call bank @ 7am and tell I ordered 1 pair of shoes and four charges went through and to please put a hold/stopage on 3 of the payments.

call finishline @ 8am and let them know the situation and that I had the bank put a hold on 3 charges and to try and have finishline cancel 3 orders.

So overall how does this plan sound?

Call bank @ 7am and tell I ordered 1 pair of shoes and four charges went through and to please put a hold/stopage on 3 of the payments.

call finishline @ 8am and let them know the situation and that I had the bank put a hold on 3 charges and to try and have finishline cancel 3 orders.

That's what I would do. The website is pretty poor if it charged you four times.

Nobody will hold it against you.

For future reference, check your email for about ten minutes or so before clicking submit again.

Will your bank charge you for the stopped transactions ?

Can you return the shoes to the store for credit back to your card ?

Get to sleep if you plan on being up that early...wait I get up at 6:30. :doh:

How is it the websites fault he hit submit 4 times?

Don't blame technology for a user error.

lol I was the first to point our I was dumb and hit it four times, thats why I'm not mad at finishline or the website for charging me four times, I understand I'm the moron that was impatient for it to load and clicked multiple times lol. I'll let you guys know what happens, thank you.

But he stated that he wanted one of the pairs. His is a typical mistake people make who don't order online much. There's no need to involve the bank. You just call them up in the morning when they open and explain what happened. They will say "no problem". Then they cancel the other 3 pairs and charge you for the pair you want. Like Slacky stated, no chance the shipping process has already started at that point. Now if for some reason he doesn't like the response he gets from Finish Line THEN contact your bank and tell them you're being charged for 3 extra pairs of shoes you didn't order. Seriously guys, this isn't rocket science. Some of you obviously haven't done much ordering online, based on your responses.

How is it the websites fault he hit submit 4 times?

Don't blame technology for a user error.

Uhhh.....wow how do I answer this.

As a programmer, logic defeats commands? If your website is so incompetent to not know an order was submitted 4 times for a single item then there is a problem.

That's why they pay us the big bucks, to not allow this to happen. ;)

That's what I would do. The website is pretty poor if it charged you four times.

Nobody will hold it against you.

Seriously, have you ever ordered anything online before? Pretty much every site I've been on specifically tells you not to click the submit order button but once. Some even say that if you do it will charge you multiple times.

But he stated that he wanted one of the pairs. His is a typical mistake people make who don't order online much. There's no need to involve the bank. You just call them up in the morning when they open and explain what happened. They will say "no problem". Then they cancel the other 3 pairs and charge you for the pair you want. Like Slacky stated, no chance the shipping process has already started at that point. Now if for some reason he doesn't like the response he gets from Finish Line THEN contact your bank and tell them you're being charged for 3 extra pairs of shoes you didn't order. Seriously guys, this isn't rocket science. Some of you obviously haven't done much ordering online, based on your responses.

As a merchant, which I was, shipping is MEANINGLESS. Once I charge the credit card the transaction is in the works. Sure the company can submit a correction to the transaction. But if it's MY money, I am calling my bank and calling foul.

I ran a website out of my basement.

Who would you rather have faith in. Someone charging your card from their basement, or your bank?

Bubble,

my concern is that the four charges are already removed from my account and showing pending status. I want the cost of the 3 shoes i did not order to be available funds to me immediately, hence why I'm considering calling my bank.

Archived