Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IIWII: The IIWII Consensus Pick at #4 (2010 edition)

Walking Deadman

Every year I have a favorite draft candidate that I'd like to see the Redskins draft as their top pick. This started around 2004 when I actually found the draft interesting and had time to actually give NFL Football the fanatical obsession that I give it now (before then school got in the way).

Anyway here are my picks from past years:

2004- Sean Taylor

2005- Antrel Rolle or Carlos Rogers

2006- (2nd rounder) D'Qwell Jackson

2007- Amobi Okoye

2008- Branden Albert

2009- Michael Oher

Before I get started on this years 2010 pick, I'd like to look back on my pick last year. I think Michael Oher had an outstanding rookie season last year and he looks like he could be a very talented LT/RT for years to come. SHD has become a big fan. But, I have to admit if I thought that the Skins had even the slightest chance of Brian Orakpo at #13, I would've gone with him. I really thought Orakpo was going to the Browns at #5 (even though my final mock draft says otherwise). Anyway on to the 2010 pick.

Click here to read more.......

for the most part your picks got picked before we could chose them, so what is the point?

Apparently he has none. He could have simply said "I like Okung" and that would be that. Seems like an attention whore move for page clicks to his blog.

we should really institute TL,DR (too long, didn't read) here at Extremeskins.

for the most part your picks got picked before we could chose them, so what is the point?

I could ask you the same question about your post.

Apparently he has none. He could have simply said "I like Okung" and that would be that. Seems like an attention whore move for page clicks to his blog.

we should really institute TL,DR (too long, didn't read) here at Extremeskins.

I've found that people who respond in such a way,aren't immune to being attention whores either. Responses like that tend to get as much attention as much as the OP. As for the TL,DR,it doesn't apply here. Though there are many with blogs that could share here,WDM is a long standing member with a very nice track record here on ES who has shared this in years past,(last year's was pretty good actually). Pretty sure this is as much an attempt to spur on some good discussion as it is to get folks to visit his blog.

Carry on and let's try to play nice.

That just made this thread 100% better. Let me share with you my picks along with the rest of ES.

2004- Sean Taylor

2005- Sean Taylor

2006- Sean Taylor

2007- Sean Taylor

2008- Sean Taylor

2009- Sean Taylor

Wait, I hope that's right. Ohhh I can't remember.

So basically for 2-3 years now you've thought the Redskins best bang for their buck would be landing the highest rated OT prospect that would supposedly be available around our pick. Each year we haven't obviously, so now your hoping this year is finally the year we do. Cool. I'd be happy with Bradford or Okung also, otherwise trade dooooown.

I love the responses that want to trash the OP, and offer zero, Brilliant. I notice these same types, almost in serial fashion go around the board replying with similar, total zero, smart ass replies.

Just for reflection, I kind of wish I kept track of the guy I wanted at our 1st rnd pick over the years. I def wanted Sean and Orakpo but I can't really remember the rest.

Kudos for at least putting some time in and giving considerations, reasons, and the thought process behind it. I wouldn't be mad at Okung at all. I still haven't decided who I really want..as it gets closer the draft I'm sure I'll be in a camp and not switch lol

Every year I have a favorite draft candidate that I'd like to see the Redskins draft as their top pick. This started around 2004 when I actually found the draft interesting and had time to actually give NFL Football the fanatical obsession that I give it now (before then school got in the way).

Anyway here are my picks from past years:

2004- Sean Taylor

2005- Antrel Rolle or Carlos Rogers

2006- (2nd rounder) D'Qwell Jackson

2007- Amobi Okoye

2008- Branden Albert

2009- Michael Oher

Here are my picks from the past as many years...

2004 - ST21

2005 - Demarcus Ware

2006(2) - Deangelo Williams (was hoping he'd fall or the Skins would trade up)

2007 - Adrian Peterson (I did not want Landry, and did not want Gaines Adams as I saw plastered everywhere in mock drafts)

2008(1) - Chris Johnson or Felix Jones (but the Skins then traded the picks)

2008(2) - Jordy Nelson (since both rb's were taken by this point, adjusted pick after trade)

2009 - Osakpo (was actually surprised when he fell to 13th, just kept hoping)

So for 2010...the first pick is if the Skins stay at #4 and the second version will be if the Skins trade out with Seattle because they want Clausen...

2010(1) - Russell Okung (assuming Bradford goes 1st overall, otherwise I'd take him and grab OT in 2nd round)

2010(1T) - Russell Okung (at #6) and Mike Iupati/Trent Williams (at #14)

Now with the above picks, if they happened that way, I'd hope for either Colt McCoy or Jahvid Best/Montario Hardesty in the 2nd round.

So here were my picks.

2004 Sean Taylor -Hands down playmaker

2005 Antrel Rolle then Rogers -I liked Rolle a little more because of his size

2006 Lendale White- Watched him a bunch at USC. Thought he would make a great duo with Portis.

2007 Patrick Willis or Amobi Okoye - I really really wanted us to get Willis. The guy is every where on the field. A lot like Fletch but young

2008 Kenny Phillips, Limas Sweed, Jordy Nelson.- I really felt we needed to have another free safety so Landry could stay at SS. I liked Sweeds size and speed but Im glad we have Devin Thomas and Malcomb Kelly.

2009 Rey Mualaga or Orakpo.Wanted a LB to take Marcus Washingtons place. Soooooo happy with Osakpo

2010 Jimmy Clausen or Eric Berry. Im not too sure about Bradfords shoulder and Clausen is just as good. Berry is a great athlete and would give us a much needed ballhawk in the secondary.

Where's your mock WDM? Are you going to post it on ES?

I did a 16 pick 1st round mock a few weeks ago (3/7/10). Working on a full 1st round mock. here's the 16 pick one (no link here since only attention whores post links here apparently)

The Top 16

1. St. Louis Rams- Sam Bradford, QB

Right now, it looks like the Rams are in a toss up between Bradford, Suh, McCoy and possibly Clausen. The Rams are desperate for a new franchise QB and neither Bulger or Feely is that guy. Sam Bradford could be that guy in a generally weak QB draft class. Bradford is supposed to be a good leader and is very accurate. If he's cleared by the doctors and can pick up a pro-style offense, who knows how far he can go?

2. Detroit Lions- Gerald McCoy, DT

This could easily be Ndamukong Suh, but I think the Lions will go more towards McCoy because he reminds coach Jim Schwartz more of former player Albert Haynesworth. Either way, the Lions get a top tier DT prospect.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Ndamukong Suh, DT

The Bucs take whomever is left and are happy about it. They hope either way that they've found their next Warren Sapp.

4. Washington Redskins- Russel Okung, OT

If Bradford is still on the board here, it could be him, but I believe that Mike Shanahan has to continue to re-build the Redskins O-line and he does this by drafting an elite left tackle. If the season started today, Stephon Heyer would be the Redskins current left tackle (Samuels retired and Jones is a UFA) and that would just not be acceptable.

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Eric Berry, S

This is a toss up between Berry and OT Brian Bulaga, but despite the need for a LT (which would allow Branden Albert to be moved to the right side and make the line stronger) the Chiefs go for the best safety in the draft (and some would argue the best player in the draft) and strengthen their secondary.

6. Seattle Seahawks- Jimmy Clausen, QB

Matt Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger and new coach Pete Carroll will look towards Clausen who has experience in a pro-style offense and could be a starter before the 2010 season ends.

7. Cleveland Browns- Joe Haden, CB

The Browns have needs in the secondary and with Berry off the market, the go after the top corner in the draft in Haden.

8.Oakland Raiders- Bruce Campbell, OT

Could the Raiders again draft a Maryland player this high, who had a great combine but is a question mark when you watch actual game footage of the player? Yes, they could. Sorry, Raider Nation.

9. Buffalo Bills- Anthony Davis, OT

The Bills O-line has been a mess this past year with injuries and departures of starters. The Bills attempt to remedy this problem starting with a new LT.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE

The Jaguars were the worst team in sacks in 2009. Obviously they try to improve upon that here. Derrick Morgan or Brandon Graham may be another option at this spot or even a DT.

11. Denver Broncos- Dan Williams, NT/DT

The Broncos have a need for a solid NT and barring a move in free agency, I think they take Williams here. WR could be a possibility, but I just can't see them going high for Dez Bryant when they still have Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. This all changes if Marshall is traded however.

12. Miami Dolphins- Dez Bryant, WR

The Dolphins need a go to WR and while I think Bill Parcells wouldn't normally draft a WR this high, he'll take the best WR off the board to better the Dolphins. If Dan Williams is still there, they'll go in that direction.

13. San Francisco 49ers- CJ Spiller, RB

This pick doesn't really fill needs for the 49ers and frankly, I think they'd be smarter to either go after a Trent Williams or Derrick Morgan here, but many have taken some comments by the 49ers about drafting a RB to heart. Spiller is hard to pass up because of his play making abilities as long as you use him sparingly like a Reggie Bush.

14. Seattle Seahawks- Brian Bulaga, OT

Pete Carroll would probably like to take Taylor Mays here and he still might. However, the Seahawks need to find some linemen to protect Hasselbeck/Clausen and are amazed that there is still a top tier tackle left on the board.

15. New York Giants- Rolando McClain, ILB

With Antonio Pierce cut, the G-Men are looking for somebody to play inside. McClain fits the bill.

16. Tennessee Titans- Derrick Morgan, DE

After losing Albert Haynesworth in 2009 and now Kyle Vanden Bosch in 2010, the Titans are looking to rebuild the D-line and Morgan is a great start.

Redskins Mock

4. Russel Okung- you saw what the Skins looked like when Chris Samuels went on IR. Okung will excel in a Shanahan system and I can't wait to see him take on DeMarcus Ware.

37. I think the Skins will trade down here and since this is a 3 day event now, I would expect the Skins to be fielding a great deal of calls after day 1. That said:

Colt McCoy, QB- while Dan Lefevour was a huge stretch in the 2nd round, Colt McCoy isn't. McCoy said that he'd like to play for the Skins. Brian Orakpo could probably give the coaches a good scouting report on him as well.

Don't be surprised if the Skins go OT, LB or CB here however.

100. Ben Tate, RB

This is a deep RB class and I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins grab tate here especially after the team jettisoned most of the RBs a few days ago.

131. Sam Young, OT

With most of the FA tackles off the board, the Skins draft Sam Young in the 5th to challenge Stephon Heyer for the starting RT position. If not him, then maybe VT's Ed Wang.

195. Travis Ivey, NT/DT

The Skins will need to find somebody at the NT position and I'm not sure if it will be Albert Haynesworth or Anthony Montgomery (or a free agent). Skins take a shot on a local kid here.

I did a 16 pick 1st round mock a few weeks ago (3/7/10). Working on a full 1st round mock. here's the 16 pick one (no link here since only attention whores post links here apparently)

Good stuff. Thanks brother.

I'm hoping we still have a shot at Bradford. I can certainly live with Okung. I get the feeling that Bulaga would be the better pro and fit however.

I hope we are looking at Weatherspoon at #37 personally if we cannot trade down. Remote chance he's there, but I would like that.

Don't sweat the attention whore comment. The vast majority of us know you're a quality poster.

195. Travis Ivey, NT/DT

The Skins will need to find somebody at the NT position and I'm not sure if it will be Albert Haynesworth or Anthony Montgomery (or a free agent). Skins take a shot on a local kid here.

I think Linval Joseph DT East Carolina would be a good fit too. He would go much earlier though.

Archived