Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Sun: House votes to ban reading texts while driving

MattFancy

Not really, although programming a gps is dangerous while driving. I know with my gps it's just a quick flash now and then to look at how many miles are left til the next turn or a quick check to look at the graphic to make sure I know what road I'm supposed to take.

Reading however, takes longer and takes your eyes off the road for too many seconds at a time.

At least I think that's true. Plus, the GPS is usually on the window or in the line of sight, while you have to look away from traffic entirely to read your text.

Why do you have to look at your GPS? I though all of them talked to you now & told you how far your next turn was & when to turn. A GPS that you have to look at to use is nothing but an over priced fancy map. There is no point to.

The fact that we have to pass laws to make people stop talking on their cell phones or text messaging while driving. Just proves to me the stupidity of most people. I'll state this with no apologizes what so ever

"If you read or send text messages while in the process of operating a vehicle of any can. You are a complete idiot & if you get in a wreck while doing so you should be treated just like a drunk driver." Yes, I'm saying that if you wreck while text messaging they should arrest you (make you spend the night in jail) impound your car & charge you with a DUI or DWI.

Why do you have to look at your GPS? I though all of them talked to you now & told you how far your next turn was & when to turn. A GPS that you have to look at to use is nothing but an over priced fancy map. There is no point to.

Yes, they do tell you step by step instructions and while they are amazingly accurate sometimes they can be off by fifty feet or so and so if you multiple turns next to each other... it's kind of nice to check to make sure you understood what the voice is telling you to do.

Archived