Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we be suprised???

Renegade7

What we've seen so far is a good way for Bruce & Shanny to go imo. Remember, we're not one or two players away from going to the SB - that's the philosophy that got us into this mess in the first place. It needs to be a methodical rebuilding program which is the approach that is being taken. It's often the free agents who are under the radar that end up having the biggest impact and not the big names. We need young, hungry football players, not name value.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't... I was excited last night like everyone else thinking we would at least signed someone... But now I'm even more excited about the apparent direction our FO is headed... Everyone should invest in a popcorn machine... Because this offseason isn't going to happen over night..

I'm soooo sick of winning in March only to lose when actual games come. Personally I'm thrilled with what I'm seeing. We're leaving off the big fish and probably will be looking for good deals on what is left. Hello professionalism! Hope to see you here for a long time!

I know so many of you think we're doing the right thing by sitting on the sidelines but this is the one year where we can spend without penalty.....if you look at what most teams are doing with these UFA's it's all about winning in the short term.

When you hear of a 40 mil contract, all that really matters is the guarantee money. Peppers real contract is for 3 years not for 6 years as what's on paper.

My point is we had opportunity to improve our team and we're not. Dansby and Rolle are both in their prime and both fill needs. we have no FS, if we go 3/4 we have only one MLB, so both of them would fill needs.

But keeping the bank closed and passing on Dansby and Rolle makes no sense to me. I can understand passing on Peppers because he basically plays the role that Orakpo has on this D but passing on Dansby and Rolle will haunt us.

Danny must be broke, because this approach won't work.

and I hope you like Landry getting burned in the secondary playing FS when he should be at SS simply because we didn't want to open the bank for Rolle.

a safety combo of Rolle at FS and LaRon at SS would be awesome. Too bad Danny is broke!

I know so many of you think we're doing the right thing by sitting on the sidelines but this is the one year where we can spend without penalty.....if you look at what most teams are doing with these UFA's it's all about winning in the short term.

When you hear of a 40 mil contract, all that really matters is the guarantee money. Peppers real contract is for 3 years not for 6 years as what's on paper.

My point is we had opportunity to improve our team and we're not. Dansby and Rolle are both in their prime and both fill needs. we have no FS, if we go 3/4 we have only one MLB, so both of them would fill needs.

But keeping the bank closed and passing on Dansby and Rolle makes no sense to me. I can understand passing on Peppers because he basically plays the role that Orakpo has on this D but passing on Dansby and Rolle will haunt us.

Danny must be broke, because this approach won't work.

You seem to be missing something - namely the quality of those who play after they are fat and happy. For those of us who watched the parade of high name, low performing, locker room damaging, high dollar FAs, we are VERY happy to be sitting on the sidelines. Again I say that professionalism beats fantasy football money sprees every time, even in an uncapped year.

So yeah, no thanks for Dansby, Rolle and Peppers. Lets find pissed off, hungry players who have something to prove. That's the kind of guys I want to see.

Correct me if I'm wrong but some of the posters on this thread are talking about clearing cap space; there is no cap any longer. And there may never be one again. Sure, we just cut 33 mil in salary but it's not to get under any cap.......

You seem to be missing something - namely the quality of those who play after they are fat and happy. For those of us who watched the parade of high name, low performing, locker room damaging, high dollar FAs, we are VERY happy to be sitting on the sidelines. Again I say that professionalism beats fantasy football money sprees every time, even in an uncapped year.

So yeah, no thanks for Dansby, Rolle and Peppers. Lets find pissed off, hungry players who have something to prove. That's the kind of guys I want to see.

So would you rather have Horton or Moore starting at S over Rolle, an All Pro?

I think we know what happens when LaRon plays FS and how bad he gets burned. You want hungry guys with something to prove, well, I'm sorry to tell you we don't have 12 draft picks like the Cleveland Browns do so explain how we're going to do that?

I'll agree a guy like Peppers might get paid and get fat but I have a feeling a guy like Rolle is only going to get better, that's why I'm so mad about this.....we're not doing what's needed to do to improve.

It's like our FO is afraid to make the mistakes of the past. For every Bruce Smith we signed there were other teams who signed Reggie White. For every Archuleta we signed there were other teams who hit the jackpot with Brees.

My point is we can't let fear from the past prevent us from trying to improve.

So would you rather have Horton or Moore starting at S over Rolle, an All Pro?

I think we know what happens when LaRon plays FS and how bad he gets burned. You want hungry guys with something to prove, well, I'm sorry to tell you we don't have 12 draft picks like the Cleveland Browns do so explain how we're going to do that?

I'll agree a guy like Peppers might get paid and get fat but I have a feeling a guy like Rolle is only going to get better, that's why I'm so mad about this.....we're not doing what's needed to do to improve.

It's like our FO is afraid to make the mistakes of the past. For every Bruce Smith we signed there were other teams who signed Reggie White. For every Archuleta we signed there were other teams who hit the jackpot with Brees.

My point is we can't let fear from the past prevent us from trying to improve.

Preach on Preacher man LOL I tried to express this same thought process earlier on in this thread. They don't get it you might as well stop your just beating a dead horse.

Im wit you on this one though.

P.S. Going from chasing big names and past achievements, to ignoring young up and coming talent in FA is stupid there's a smart way to approach free agency.

Archived