Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sultan McCullough

PennState11

Originally posted by SkinsNorth

From what I saw of Sultan last night, he has a chance to be a player when he hits the hole hard & goes, but when he dances 7 tries to pick a hole he is awful.

I know most of his playing time came late against scrubs, but McCollough looked better than Candidate did.

He has some explosion.

McCollough ran tough and hit the holes, but it is obvious when watching that he is quite a bit slower than Canidate. Kind of like Watson.

McCollough had the benefit of having holes to run through that weren't there in the first quarter. The difference in Carolina's first team D-line and the scrubs can't be emphasized enough.

Guys dont start putting Trung down, Trung had nowhere to run. McCullough did have holes. But Sultan did look awsome. That pretty long run up the sideline to about the 10 or so was great. It showed how strong he was since guys were hitting his legs and he never really broke his stride. He hits holes hard as hell and looks to punish people when running. He's got a chip on his shoulder. I really think he should make the team.

"Brave, Trungs best 40 was a 4.25 Sultans was a 4.27

You would need a photo finish and a magnifing glass to see who would win a race." - tommy-the-greek

I was not aware of the 40 times. I was basing my comments on watching both of them. McCollough didn't look particularly FAST to me last night, he was hitting holes well and running tough. That's what it looked like to me. Again, I though he ran like Watson.

Canidate looked like a speedster with nowhere to go.

Perhaps my prior opinions (or lack thereof) on the two were skewing my vision, but that's what it looked like to me. :)

McCullough and Canidate are two guys who are cut from the same cloth. They have blazing speed, but they have only so-so RB skills that they've demonstrated. Canidate at least has shown flashes of brilliance in real NFL games.

At present, we have absolutely nothing so far that would lead me to believe that McCullough is any more noteworthy than Mike Oliphant.

Yes, McCullough was running against second-stringers... but don't forget he had second-stringers blocking for him too. :) He had another 15 yard run nullified because of a holding penalty by Pizza Elisara or whatever his name is. :laugh:

I would like to see him make the team because of his speed, but I don't see how thats possible unless we trade Betts or Watson for a DT.

Watson and Canidate didn't do much because the Panthers had very good run defense with their first unit.

McCollough had more holes open. I bet he still isn't higher on the depth chart than even Betts, who hasn't practiced all but once for the whole training camp. He may have surpassed Gillespie with his performance, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

When Spurrier was asked after the game walking off the field did any of the non first stringers caught his eye the only name he said was Sultan. He said he ran hard. Don't be surprised if this kid makes the team. The OC loves him and now he caught Spurrier's eye. I want to see him take some snaps against the Pat's 1st "D" this week.

I also want Rock on the first string and Morton on 3rd downs.;)

Spurrier said, SueeeeTan was running hard out there.:laugh:

I wanted to see more of Morton as well. Sultan did play well but I'm not ready to write off Trung. Trung looked awesome in camp last week, better than the rest. Also, Sultan has been ahead of Gillespie in the RB practice rotations. It was nice to see him do well but I think he needs to continue this to make the team. Hopefully we will have a better chance to see Trung and Betts in the next few preseason games.

Archived