Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice on Ticket Purchase

Howie411

You'll have to clue me in on your secret. I lose $300+ bucks on every game that I can't go to, selling the Club tickets (fortunately I go to almost all of them).

Prices tend to peak about 1 month before the game and tend to drop as game day approaches. I have pretty much adopted the position that if I think I can't make a game, to sell it as soon as possible.

BTW, if those OV seats are within 6 seats of the aisle and/or row 19 or lower, those are some very nice seats. If your friend is going to buy the UL tix, get your money now (even if he pays with post dated checks) before you pay the invoice. If he bails on you, you don't want to be trying to unload those tix as you will take a bath.

A six figure guy can easily afford club seats.

But the seven figure guy is less likely to lose sleep over the costs.

....regardless, if you lose your job and can't pay for them, they can and will sue you. After that lawsuit mess last year, I can't imagine anybody signing a club contract with the Redskins.

If you are making 100K pre tax a year (or 200K) and spending 6-10K a year on club seats they are that expensive. ;)

The dumbing of American fiscal responsibility always gets me amused. :cool:

me too, but I am starting to get annoyed as well.

For instance, there are 3 houses on my street with swimming pools and all 3 of them were foreclosed in the last 18 months. I know that's not helping my property value.

me too, but I am starting to get annoyed as well.

For instance, there are 3 houses on my street with swimming pools and all 3 of them were foreclosed in the last 18 months. I know that's not helping my property value.

Not to hijack the thread, which I seem to always do, but some peoples comments want to make me bang my head against the wall.

Really? You committed to a 10 year contract for 6-10K a year?

Dumbfounding.

If you are making 100K pre tax a year (or 200K) and spending 6-10K a year on club seats they are that expensive. ;)

The dumbing of American fiscal responsibility always gets me amused. :cool:

Not to hijack the thread, which I seem to always do, but some peoples comments want to make me bang my head against the wall.

Really? You committed to a 10 year contract for 6-10K a year?

Dumbfounding.

To assume anything about someone else's fiscal responsibility without knowing them or their financial situation is rather arrogant. How about allowing each individual to determine how they should and should not spend their money? Radical I know but just a thought. Just because you think that it is a bad deal doesn't make it so for everyone.

To assume anything about someone else's fiscal responsibility without knowing them or their financial situation is rather arrogant. How about allowing each individual to determine how they should and should not spend their money? Radical I know but just a thought. Just because you think that it is a bad deal doesn't make it so for everyone.

Although Chip's words might be a little sharp, who is it NOT a bad deal for?

I think what it comes down to is knowledge (or lack thereof), research (or lack thereof), and being romanced and becoming enthralled with the idea of finally becoming a season ticket holder.

Although Chip's words might be a little sharp, who is it NOT a bad deal for?

I think what it comes down to is knowledge (or lack thereof), research (or lack thereof), and being romanced and becoming enthralled with the idea of finally becoming a season ticket holder.

Who is it not a bad deal for? My wife and I as well as more than a dozen club level season ticket holders that we tailgate with each week. That however was not the point of my response. My point is to let each individual party determine whether it is a good deal for them. If you think that it is a bad deal then don't buy the tickets.

I am well aware of other ways to acquire tickets and parking passes so your "lack of knowledge" comments are rather presumptuous. Those ways do not work for me. They are inconvenient, for me, so I do not go that route.

Well that's fine. I'm happy for you.

But there have been countless club seat contract holders who have posted on this site who have expressed their exasperation of being bound to a legal multi-year contract - after knowing what they have learned in threads such as this one.

This is a message board. We're all here to offer and accept opinions and advice. Or not.

My point is to let each individual party determine whether it is a good deal for them. If you think that it is a bad deal then don't buy the tickets.

Apologize for offending you.

Each party does determine if it is a good deal for them.

I know you can get shorter term club level contracts now. From a purely financial standpoint, a 6 or 10 year club level contract is a poor decision.

/hijack

I currently have 2 lower level terrace seating(obstructed) on the 30 yard line, they are actually pretty good seats, only thing I can't see is a really high punt. I just got a letter today saying I can purchase regular season tickets now, I called the ticket office and while they don't have a location yet the rep said they would definitely be in the 400 section somewhere. Would it make more sense to keep the lowers and ignore the wait list tickets, or drop the LL and just get the upper level ones? The rep said he would probably buy both and continue to just sell the uppers until they became better (of course thats a lot of money to shell out for 2 sets of tickets. Any suggestions?

Excuse me if this has been covered already. If your tickets have the words Terrace on them then I don't think they would also have the words Obstructed as well. Terrace means that you are probably in rows 14 to maybe 16 and away from the pillers. These are really close in value to the regular seats in row 13 who pay $99 per seat. You only pay $79 per seat. Keep them.

Apologize for offending you.

Each party does determine if it is a good deal for them.

I know you can get shorter term club level contracts now. From a purely financial standpoint, a 6 or 10 year club level contract is a poor decision.

/hijack

No apology necessary. It's all good. :)

Excuse me if this has been covered already. If your tickets have the words Terrace on them then I don't think they would also have the words Obstructed as well. Terrace means that you are probably in rows 14 to maybe 16 and away from the pillers. These are really close in value to the regular seats in row 13 who pay $99 per seat. You only pay $79 per seat. Keep them.

...plus tax.

:)

I just hate to see how much tickets are going to a Redskins game...

Especially when the skins go 4-12... But the box office keeps expecting people to buy the tickets at the high prices. And if enough people don't show up we get blacked out in the area....

Kinda a unhealthy relationship with fan/team if you ask me.

Archived