Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Beck, Professional Weatherman? (No, It's Just Jim Kosek)

mjah

"You can get your weather anywhere 24x7. But where else can you get it with entertainment ? "

That's what men have to do, to take the weather jobs away from the stunningly hot women they typically hire, so the men have to compete, using personality instead of looks.

I'm pretty sure he just felt the need to say "look everybody, I hate Glenn Beck" on a bigger stage.

:ols:

I certainly don't hate Glenn Beck at all. Nobody should hate a clown who freely admits to his clowniness, as Beck readily has. He reminds me of one of my neighbors, actually, although with somewhat more crying and (maybe) less drinking.

But it certainly does stand out that this guy is to weather reporting what Beck is to commentary.

The weather thread is impressively massive, and amazingly enough the Search function fails to even appear on my monitor. Yeah, that's it, fails to even appear. So I wasn't aware of the duplicate.

:ols:

I certainly don't hate Glenn Beck at all. Nobody should hate a clown who freely admits to his clowniness, as Beck readily has. He reminds me of one of my neighbors, actually, although with somewhat more crying and (maybe) less drinking.

But it certainly does stand out that this guy is to weather reporting what Beck is to commentary.

Certainly. :rolleyes:

Certainly. :rolleyes:

As an honest conservative, you should dislike Beck's brand of shock jockism, HH. His brand of fire and distortion is the kind that is counter to honest debate, analysis and just gets us all drawing lines in the stand and uselessly yelling at each other.

And while, the sports aspect of politics can be fun... it really shouldn't be about gamesmanship because we're on the same damn team despite what Beck, Hannity, Olberman, Coulter, Rush, Imus and all the other idiots think (being a non cable watcher I have less access to idiots so if I've left out liberal shock jock idealogues it's just because I haven't really been exposed to them as much)

These guys don't represent honest conservatives or liberals, they just dirty their names. They should be repudiated by those they pretend to represent.

As an honest conservative, you should dislike Beck's brand of shock jockism, HH. His brand of fire and distortion is the kind that is counter to honest debate, analysis and just gets us all drawing lines in the stand and uselessly yelling at each other.

I've watched the guy with some frequency, and I LOVE what he's about. That's why I think it's so funny when people who have never, or very rarely watch his show try to tell me what he's about.

And he's someone that you guys should be terrified of. Not physically, of course, but he speaks directly to the true conservative base. And you know what happens when we get all motivated!!! :D

Maybe you're right and maybe I've only heard the over the top stuff and the stuff that has been proven factually incorrect or his interview when he said that he's an imposter and a blowhard, but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence piling up on him already, HH and he's been around a relatively short time.

He's no Jim Lehrer or Tim Russert. We need more of those guys and less of the guys we seem to be getting.

Amen to that. Watching as gloating, proudly idiotic over-the-top rhetoric seeped from shock commentary into 2000-era policy is what finally turned me off the GOP. Some folks here will elect not to believe that I was ever turned on to the GOP. Life is funny.

I just can't take Beck seriously. He claims to see himself as a rodeo clown, and I wholeheartedly agree. Some folks see Beck as a unique voice, but he's following the tracks of the old firebrands and kneejerk/apocalyptic media evangelists whose MOs are as old as radio itself. He has a great thing going, as it worked for those folks too. They claimed to foresee doomsday and the end of America as everyone knew it during he Depression -- the good days were gone forever, oh noes! -- and plenty of people fell for it then too. :whoknows:

Eras of economic hardship and/or more-rapid-than-usual social change tend to bring this stuff out in the folks who feel left behind and want to stop society's clock hands from advancing. Beck saw a need and filled it. He'll make a lot of money, if not a lot of history books.

This honestly was supposed to be a thread about the weather guy, though. I can't help but laugh at the turn it has taken due to an accurate parallel in the thread title. Serves me right for being honest. :D

So here's my very favorite weatherman video of all time.

This honestly was supposed to be a thread about the weather guy, though. I can't help but laugh at the turn it has taken due to an accurate parallel in the thread title. Serves me right for being honest. :D

So here's my very favorite weatherman video of all time.

and to provide an assist, in getting the thread back on track, here's one of my favorite newscaster moments, captured...

rapist-sketch.jpg

That video was evil and wrong... but funny in a really slimy way.

:ols: I agree, except for the whole evil and wrong part

but I can have a very morbid sense of humor sometimes

and to provide an assist, in getting the thread back on track, here's one of my favorite newscaster moments, captured...

rapist-sketch.jpg

one of my favorite memes

Archived