Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could they just let Peppers go!? 2011 Free Agency...

Looking For Number Four

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said significant, but I find us fans hilarious.

I went looking to see what the Texans message boards were saying about WR Kevin Walter since some people in Redskins nation think we should look into picking him up in FA. I found they too have a thread titled "We need to pick up Peppers." LOL.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=16511

It really made me finally think that there are several other teams out there possibly looking into picking him up and probably a lot more fan boards saying the same crap...."Pick up Peppers." :)

I said significant, but I find us fans hilarious.

I went looking to see what the Texans message boards were saying about WR Kevin Walter since some people in Redskins nation think we should look into picking him up in FA. I found they too have a thread titled "We need to pick up Peppers." LOL.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=16511

It really made me finally think that there are several other teams out there possibly looking into picking him up and probably a lot more fan boards saying the same crap...."Pick up Peppers." :)

expect nothing less, ever.

I don't think it's going to have a huge effect. I expect us to make a lot of lower to mid-tier moves similar to what Bruce Allen did in Tampa as he tried to rebuild after letting guys like Lynch and Sapp go. He didn't sign any top-tier guys but did a pretty massive roster overhaul and got some decent production out of some of them.

On this list of FA's I see a lot of Snyderatto guys. Established names whose best football is behind them seeking their last big payday. Then there are a few like Revis or Dumerville that I don't see getting a chance to hit FA. Those guys are obvious franchise tags, assuming Dumerville can repeat his 09 production.

There are some guys out there that can help a team but I don't think any of those top-tier guys do us any good. The ones that are still young enough to build around are going to get tagged or engaged in a league wide bidding war. No thank you.

I would like to see us aggressively pursue the draft for two seasons before looking too deeply into FA. Fill a few depth spots here and there but I would rather be looking for starters in the draft and talent we've been developing on the roster. We finally have a chance to legitimately and quickly rebuild so I would like to see us attempt this rather than getting that last piece of the puzzle.

Johnny Jolly, DE for the Packers.

6' 3". 325 lbs. Four years.

He will be a RFA, and probally recieve a 2nd round tag.

If we can pick up some extra draft picks via trades, then he would be a good choice to grab.

Packers switched to 3-4 last year and had the top 5 defense in YDG/Pass/Rush.

Archived