Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making Sacrafices to Rebuild; My Plan

HRNY4ZRNY

So Ben Watson has been in the league for six seasons so he will be unrestricted right?

Im really not trying to be the guy that disagrees with everyone like look at me im different.

I really feel it is a good idea to get more draft picks. Give up 2 really good TE's for multiple draft picks. If no one would give up the picks than forget it but if they would give up a 2nd and 5th for Cooley which is what Shockey went for right? Davis is younger and was a monster this season get a 2nd and 4th for him and than just sign freaking Ben Watson and have Yoder as the back up.

Im tired of having our best players be TE's I want our best players to be OL, QB positions that matter more.

Pashos is a FA and not that good. Don't try to pretend trading for Pashos is the same as getting Staley.

I love how I deserve this :doh: multiple times because you can't get your info correct.

No, I dont go and investigate every little thing. Pashos is still a better one then Heyer or whoever (but a FA so need to trade, unless he would be a RFA if uncapped. Didnt check to see how many years os service.You probably do). Get what you can in the trade down :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:, is that good enough? Like I said maybe there is a guy they want 5 slots up that they want, if its a OT maybe they ship Staley, whats his injury know it all? Maybe he wont be available beginning of season. They're willing to part, we're willing to wait for health.

Not EVERYONE has all the answers like you. If you knew this was unrealistic because of your wisdom. WHY are you still here on page 6 of the thread?

Aww. Are you trying to form an alliance with him? How cute.

If you bothered to read what you quoted, you would know I was critical of him for pretending not to know something that was pointed out to him a while ago, so he could tout his original idea as brilliant.

I gave him credit for the idea on page 1. But ignoring facts so he could act like a moot idea was possible is weak, at best.

So Ben Watson has been in the league for six seasons so he will be unrestricted right?

Im really not trying to be the guy that disagrees with everyone like look at me im different.

I really feel it is a good idea to get more draft picks. Give up 2 really good TE's for multiple draft picks. If no one would give up the picks than forget it but if they would give up a 2nd and 5th for Cooley which is what Shockey went for right? Davis is younger and was a monster this season get a 2nd and 4th for him and than just sign freaking Ben Watson and have Yoder as the back up.

I love opinions, others...... You will be labeled as a Madden player with something crazy like this. I agree w/ Cooley but not Davis. You can get a TE in 3rd round or lower usually so no need to give up a 2nd +. I see where you coming from though.

No, I dont go and investigate every little thing. Pashos is still a better one then Heyer or whoever (but a FA so need to trade, unless he would be a RFA if uncapped. Didnt check to see how many years os service.You probably do). Get what you can in the trade down :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:, is that good enough? Like I said maybe there is a guy they want 5 slots up that they want, if its a OT maybe they ship Staley, whats his injury know it all? Maybe he wont be available beginning of season. They're willing to part, we're willing to wait for health.

You're absolutely right. Clearly I deserve to be mocked and you praised becasue you're posting silly ideas backed with incorrect info, and I pointed that out.:notworthy

I honestly did not really know what a RFA was. It wasnt that I didnt give a crap what people wrote and I just wanted to ignore it to say my idea. I thought RFA meant that a team has the right to match the offer of a team trying to aquire there player. So If we pay more than the Texans or the Broncos and they dont want to match the offer we get them.

I just looked it up and saw we would have to give up picks which is out of the question of course. So my revamped idea with your knowledge is pick up Ben Watson.

Yoder and Watson are capable at playing this position our OL is not capable of playing theres.

Ben Watson score's TD's

2004 0 TD's

2005 4 TD's

2006 3 TD's

2007 6 TD's

2008 2 TD's

2009 5 TD's

Thats solid production and very consistent. You give up 2 stud TE's but you still pick up a pretty good one in FA.

Its OK, I think his #s should be bigger considering a pure passing offense and Moss/Welker outside.

You're absolutely right. Clearly I deserve to be mocked and you praised becasue you're posting silly ideas backed with incorrect info, and I pointed that out.:notworthy

Dont want to be praised. Just tired of "know it alls" that bash everyone. Or look for everything "wrong" with ideas and point them out so you can beat your chest. Thats why I mock you. You look at all the literal ideas but miss the main point (trading down and getting a player OR pick). Staley I believe started 9 games this year but wasnt IRed, so were they hoping to have him back for the playoffs OR his replacement did well enough to stay the starter? Check your crystal ball and let me know :doh:

Its OK, I think his #s should be bigger considering a pure passing offense and Moss/Welker outside.

Thats true but maybe he would improve in a Shannahan style offense.

But I think everyone is missing my point. Are TE's really that important?

Are they more important than a OL that protects the QB and makes holes for RB's.

Davis has impressed me. But I see diva written all over him. When he scores a TD and a OL comes up to him to celebrate he doesn't even look at him. He is to concerned with his stupid dance moves. And no this is not why I would trade him. I can get over some diva.

Cooley has no diva and honestly be hard for me to see him go. I love his YAC when he gets the ball and breaks tackles its really fun to watch.

But I want this team to win. I want this team to have a strong OL.

We have a good foundation in Allen Shannahan. Time to get a strong Foundation in OL. Only way to do that is to get more picks.

And most people think we are going to draft a QB at 4. So where are we going to get these Offensive Lineman?

Ben Watson score's TD's

2004 0 TD's

2005 4 TD's

2006 3 TD's

2007 6 TD's

2008 2 TD's

2009 5 TD's

Thats solid production and very consistent. You give up 2 stud TE's but you still pick up a pretty good one in FA.

Starting in 05' 4tds, down 1, up 3, down 4, up 3. This up/down. I would say consistant is gradually getting better for 3 years, level out and stay there. Watson is good but I wouldnt break the bank to pry him from Pats. If I was him i wouldnt leave a SB contender EVERY year to come here regardless of the coaching change. Would you rather have Brady throwing to you OR Campbell or a rookie?

Thats true but maybe he would improve in a Shannahan style offense.

But I think everyone is missing my point. Are TE's really that important?

Are they more important than a OL that protects the QB and makes holes for RB's.

Davis has impressed me. But I see diva written all over him. When he scores a TD and a OL comes up to him to celebrate he doesn't even look at him. He is to concerned with his stupid dance moves. And no this is not why I would trade him. I can get over some diva.

Cooley has no diva and honestly be hard for me to see him go. I love his YAC when he gets the ball and breaks tackles its really fun to watch.

But I want this team to win. I want this team to have a strong OL.

We have a good foundation in Allen Shannahan. Time to get a strong Foundation in OL. Only way to do that is to get more picks.

And most people think we are going to draft a QB at 4. So where are we going to get these Offensive Lineman?

They must be important, your saying to trade 2 of them to teams for their 2nd rounders. I dont care about a little dancing, its a game and should be fun. I dont agree if it is in a taughting (unsportsmanlike) fashion.

I dont agree we will pick a QB at #4. We will take a OT. Okrung, Davis,Williams, or Bulaga.

They must be important, your saying to trade 2 of them to teams for their 2nd rounders. I dont care about a little dancing, its a game and should be fun. I dont agree if it is in a taughting (unsportsmanlike) fashion.

I dont agree we will pick a QB at #4. We will take a OT. Okrung, Davis,Williams, or Bulaga.

Is that what you want?

All I know is this... On one hand you take a great LT with the 4th pick.

On the other hand you trade down and get a playmaker with your 1st and get a OL in the 2nd. Watch The link of Spiller the 2nd link is better. You just cant tell me you cant imagine him as a Redskin. The dude is a playmaker.

Good point on that they must be good for someone to give up a 2nd and 4th. TE's are Important. But the Saints knew they were a great team that had potential to go deep in the playoffs and possibly super bowl. Thats when you need a great TE a elite TE.

We are far from making the playoffs. So having 2 great TE's is pointless. A team like the Bengals or the Vikings could use an elite TE next year because they think they are close. We arent, time to build through the draft but you need picks to build through the draft.

Here is my challenge watch either Spiller video and just tell me you wouldn't want him in a Skins jersey. I just cant believe anyone wouldn't want this guy. He is incredible. If we could trade down and get a RB and OL why not.

Thats what everyone say Jason Campbell needs a strong running game that teams must respect and a solid OL.

I almost feel people have just taken a stance- "NO RUNNING BACK IN FIRST ROUND"

Dont think of Spiller as a running back think of him as a playmaker that teams must respect and let him line up at WR and the mismatches will be there.

Is that what you want?

All I know is this... On one hand you take a great LT with the 4th pick.

On the other hand you trade down and get a playmaker with your 1st and get a OL in the 2nd. Watch The link of Spiller the 2nd link is better. You just cant tell me you cant imagine him as a Redskin. The dude is a playmaker.

Yeah, I'll take possibly 1 of the best OT. Spiller could be there in round 2, really no team has a need and most have 2. Moreno went #17 and Beanie went #31 last year.

I dont envision him a Skin, Ive seen the highlight reels and he is good and may fit the Shanny system best, BUT Im oldschool that loves a power run game w/ a back that can get tough yards and run the clock out w/ the lead. Get in the endzone if he has to make the hole himself. I learned from Gibb 1.0 that you beat a defense up and THEN get them w/ speed. Thats why I would like Toby at #44 via Miami (read my earlier response post), a Riggins clone but more agile and get Willie Parker to bust the long ones on a tired defense. Small backs scare me w/ durability.

Here is my challenge watch either Spiller video and just tell me you wouldn't want him in a Skins jersey. I just cant believe anyone wouldn't want this guy. He is incredible. If we could trade down and get a RB and OL why not.

Thats what everyone say Jason Campbell needs a strong running game that teams must respect and a solid OL.

I almost feel people have just taken a stance- "NO RUNNING BACK IN FIRST ROUND"

Dont think of Spiller as a running back think of him as a playmaker that teams must respect and let him line up at WR and the mismatches will be there.

The problem with that is, its a highlight reel, EVERYONE has one. What you dont see are the loss of yardage runs or the inability to get short yards against a stacked box or fumbles. i dont know how many of those he had BUT Toby only had 1 last year in the bowl game that he recovered in the endzone for a TD. Thats amazing considering his style, fighting for extra. He will have a few more at this level cause you cant get away w/ it and they practice stripping the ball. Peterson fumbles a bit but you deal w/ it because the (+'s) outweigh the (-'s). Not saying Toby is an AP by ANY means but their syles are similar.

The problem with that is, its a highlight reel, EVERYONE has one. What you dont see are the loss of yardage runs or the inability to get short yards against a stacked box or fumbles. i dont know how many of those he had BUT Toby only had 1 last year in the bowl game that he recovered in the endzone for a TD. Thats amazing considering his style, fighting for extra. He will have a few more at this level cause you cant get away w/ it and they practice stripping the ball. Peterson fumbles a bit but you deal w/ it because the (+'s) outweigh the (-'s). Not saying Toby is an AP by ANY means but their syles are similar.

Alright how about this. Think if this really happened. Imagine it did and grade it from 1-10. 10 over course being the best.

The Redskins trade Cooley for a 2nd and 5th.

The Redskins trade Davis for a 2nd and 4th.

In free agency the Redskins pick up TE Ben Watson.

In free agency the Redskins get the best 2 OL available.

In the draft the Redskins trade down and pick up a extra 2nd round pick.

With the Redskins 1st pick they take RB CJ Spiller.

With their 2nd round pick they take Jason Fox LT.

With their 2nd round pick they take Toby Gerhart RB.

With their 2nd round pick they take Kyle Galloway RT.

With their final 2nd round pick they take a Center if N/A than they take a DT/DE.

How would everyone grade this. You get Spiller and Gerhart. That is a change of pace. Gerhart to move the chains, Spiller as your big play threat.

You pick up a couple OL in FA and add Jason Fox and Kyle Calloway in the draft.

From 1-10 how would you grade tis if it actually happened?

Ummm no Davis is younger, cooley is a 2nd rounder and maybe a 6th....Davis proved that he can play at this level and his value is a 2nd and 4th.....we need to keep at least one i like cooley, trade davis draft an online

Ummm so what? Davis has had 5 good games, thats it. He could be a flash in the pan. Cooley is a proven pro bowler and a top 5 tight end in the NFL, think before you post. Davis is 24 and Cooley is an old man at 27...:doh:

I dont know ANYTHING about Fox or Galloway as OL. Dont think there will be any good OL in FA if it goes uncapped, some cost cuts maybe. What if you trade CC/Davis and DONT get Watson? With not knowing the FA OL and nothing how the other 2 grade out. I like Davis over Watson. Did more in 5 games then Watson all year w/ Brady. I wont grade cause I think mine is better w/ less work.

Archived