Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making Sacrafices to Rebuild; My Plan

HRNY4ZRNY

I dont know ANYTHING about Fox or Galloway as OL. Dont think there will be any good OL in FA if it goes uncapped, some cost cuts maybe. What if you trade CC/Davis and DONT get Watson? With not knowing the FA OL and nothing how the other 2 grade out. I like Davis over Watson. Did more in 5 games then Watson all year w/ Brady. I wont grade cause I think mine is better w/ less work.

What in your mind would our O Line look like on opening day.

1st LT

2nd RT

Where do you get a RG? FA?

And do you think Rabach is still a good C?

What would be your depth?

Who are your main playmakers on offense? Gerhart can pound the ball but who is a game changer? Moss certainly isnt anymore. Kelly and Thomas are decent but not game changers.

Are you ok with a vanilla offense again next year? I dont think I will be able to stand that.

Everyone needs their own plan/thread for rebuilding/who we should take in the draft. Really.

There always have to be people critcizing someone who starts a thread on a thought of theirs? AND dont have anything to say pertaining to the thread? Waste time reading 5 pages of back and forth from others and none of their own? Really? :doh:

What in your mind would our O Line look like on opening day.

1st LT

2nd RT

Where do you get a RG? FA?

And do you think Rabach is still a good C?

What would be your depth?

Who are your main playmakers on offense? Gerhart can pound the ball but who is a game changer? Moss certainly isnt anymore. Kelly and Thomas are decent but not game changers.

Are you ok with a vanilla offense again next year? I dont think I will be able to stand that.

You didnt read "my plan" early in this debate did you?

Dont trade BOTH TEs. I love what Cooley has done BUT you cant downplay what Davis did. Everyone says that this player or that needs to step up AND HE DID. Cooley still holds value cause of what he did 2 yrs ago. KEEP DAVIS

Scheffler and alot of other would be FAs would turn to RFAs for their clubs WHEN we go uncapped. I believe we will, so thats what I base my thoughts on. I agree about your point on Sceff knowing Shannys system BUT we cant become the Broncos 2.0 based on that.

Going forward in an UNCAPPED year takes all the younger FAs off the board. We will not be the only club to "clean house" so expect more OLD vets to be available. Dumping bad contract of underperforming players will be the trend.

Players cut: PORTIS, ARE, Sellers, Collins and Samuels (retirement)

FAs: Willie Parker and Kevin Maewai (old but better then Rabach and can see him as a OL coach after his playing days) Rex Grossman. Possibility would be Derek Anderson or McNabb. Maybe a real good OLB so we can put Rak where he belongs (at DE)

DRAFT would be this: Trade Cooley, Moss, Kelly and Landry to the Dolphins for their 1st (#12), 2nd (#44) *and maybe Jake Grove(then no need for Kevin Maewai)

#4-Bryan Bulaga OT-Iowa

#12(via MIA) Trade down w/ SF for #17 and OT Joe Staley (*or a 3rd Rd pick). Point is to trade down

#17 (via SF) Myron Rolle S-Fl.St NOT ranked this high but dont care, replaces Landry and is a Rhodes scholarship winner so he didnt play this year, instead studied at Harvard I believe. Means hes SMART, will be a student of the game and be a coach on the field for the secondary. Thats why I take him regardless. He was a BEAST the year b4 (6'2" 220#)

#36-Sean Lee OLB-PennSt This could fip/flop w/Shipley, ACL the year before, combine is crucial. Dont think he reinjured himself. Puts RAK at DE where he should be.

#44 Toby Gerhart RB-Stanford Weird to grab him @44 (Riggins clone). Bruiser that will where down defenses, AGILE and hurdles would be tacklers that go low. Will get the short yardage and many TDs. After you bang on the D w/ this guy, insert Parker and snap some long runs. BEST 1-2 punch ( I learned this from Gibbs 1.0)

*3rd RD (possibly)-Jordan Shipley WR-Texas. Replaces Kelly and runs great routes and faster then you think. JUST PRODUCES, 2 tds from the back up GREAT RETURNER so replaces ARE also.

4th RD- JD Walton C-Baylor Prospect who could learn behind K.Maewie or Grove

5th RD- Toney Moeaki TE-Iowa. Dude is awesome and replaces Cooley

6th Rd- None (Jason Taylor) I believe

7th RD- WHOEVER

To cap this we get OL (Maewai (or Grove), Baluga and Walton). Play makers in Shipley and Gerhart. Prospects in Walton and Moeaki and we help our DEF

NEXT year I would take Ricky Stanzi at QB (Iowa) watched that bowl game and runs a pro style w/ rollouts similar to Shanny. Dropped some passes in w/ GREAT touch.

I am NOT an Iowa fan but live in Big 10 country. I can say that they are WELL coached an put more then a fair share of players in the NFL.

#4-Bryan Bulaga OT-Iowa

#12(via MIA) Trade down w/ SF for #17 and OT Joe Staley who isnt starting

#17 (via SF) Myron Rolle S-Fl.St NOT ranked this high but dont care, replaces Landry and is a Rhodes scholarship winner so he didnt play this year, instead studied at Harvard I believe. Means hes SMART, will be a student of the game and be a coach on the field for the secondary. Thats why I take him regardless. He was a BEAST the year b4 (6'2" 220#)

#36 Jordan Shipley WR-Texas. Replaces Kelly and runs great routes and faster then you think. JUST PRODUCES, 2 tds from the back up GREAT RETURNER so replaces ARE also.

#44 Toby Gerhart RB-Stanford Weird to grab him @44 (Riggins clone). Bruiser that will where down defenses, AGILE and hurdles would be tacklers that go low. Will get the short yardage and many TDs. After you bang on the D w/ this guy, insert Parker and snap some long runs. BEST 1-2 punch ( I learned this from Gibbs 1.0)

7th RD- WHOEVER

QUOTE]

There is no way Bryan Bulaga is worth the 4th pick. Okung sure is. I like Bulaga. He may be a late 1st or early 2nd.

#4-Bryan Bulaga OT-Iowa

#12(via MIA) Trade down w/ SF for #17 and OT Joe Staley who isnt starting

#36 Jordan Shipley WR-Texas. Replaces Kelly and runs great routes and faster then you think. JUST PRODUCES, 2 tds from the back up GREAT RETURNER so replaces ARE also.

7th RD- WHOEVER

QUOTE]

There is no way Bryan Bulaga is worth the 4th pick. Okung sure is. I like Bulaga. He may be a late 1st or early 2nd.

First he has to declare, then take A.Davis OT Rutgers.

Ive been cruising fftoolbox.com which isnt a "holy grail" but either is McShay or Kiper ;) In there they think Bulaga could be a top 10. If this is true, not much of a reach at 4.

Okung I believe will be taken by Lions to protect Stafford, he did get hurt. Take 2nd rated OT on their board. I just like Bulaga.

Trent Dilfer took the Ravens to the SB?:hysterical:

Well you know what I mean, he quarterbacked them to the SB, riding the DEFENSE. T.Banks would NOT have gotten them there, instead WE took him :doh::doh: x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

First he has to declare, then take A.Davis OT Rutgers.

Ive been cruising fftoolbox.com which isnt a "holy grail" but either is McShay or Kiper ;) In there they think Bulaga could be a top 10. If this is true, not much of a reach at 4.

Okung I believe will be taken by Lions to protect Stafford, he did get hurt. Take 2nd rated OT on their board. I just like Bulaga.

Bulaga is a good talent. And nobody really talks about him much. Do you think he will declare?

Iowa is a well coached football team. I like Clayborn. He had a great game the other night. I thought he might declare.

Bulaga is a good talent. And nobody really talks about him much. Do you think he will declare?

Iowa is a well coached football team. I like Clayborn. He had a great game the other night. I thought he might declare.

Clayborn is going back, they said that during game, but he is a beast and has to be on rader for next year. Could you imagine a DL w/ Clayborn, AH and RAK (he needs to go to DE permanatly)

I dont know about Bulaga, he will talk to the insiders, if a mid-high 1st would have to go right? Cant upgrade status anymore and risk injury going back. Another tid-bit is if we go uncapped w/ no CBA possibility of lockout in 2011 although they have said there still would be a draft next year.

They are well coached, one of the only college coaches that I would like to see in NFL sideline and succeed

Bulaga would be a good pickup IMO only if we trade down and get multiple picks.

I think Bulaga has Green Bay Packers written all over him and Aaron Rodgers could defenitly use him.

Bulaga would be a good pickup IMO only if we trade down and get multiple picks.

I think Bulaga has Green Bay Packers written all over him and Aaron Rodgers could defenitly use him.

I just think he goes WAY higher, maybe the Pack get one of your 2nd rounders depending how far they go in playoffs. Like I said, you take your highest rated OT at 4 EVEN if Okrung is gone. i just happen to like Bulaga. They were switching him to either side and Derek Morgan was a non factor. Ricky Stanzi even out raced him on a scramble. I like him too (Stanzi), NEXT year.

Archived