Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for all the Champ Bailey fans.

Hitnskins

if the question about baily is how he is he a 2,3,or 4 CB in the league if he made the pro bowl 2 years as alternate its because the fans pick the pro bowl...dont you go to mcdonalds...stop making threads about this because you are making yourself out to be an idiot becuase you know NOTHING DOLEMITE...you are hating on champ because you probably dont like him...but every1 in here knows he is 1 of if not the best CB in football...regaurdless of the stupid probowl

rterps2002....i agree completely...every1 knows champs worth it so if we dont give it to him we will just get beat by him when he gets what he wants somewhere else...and jansen got a nice fat contract...what your saying he is better at his position than baily is at his???no way...both the best at what they do

Originally posted by Dolemite ]listen friend, I'm not saying that I judge people on Pro Bowl appearances.........that's what you and others like you say when describing Champ Bailey "The three time Pro-Bowl selection".......that's all, I'm not saying you judge talent on Pro Bowl selections.......so don't get carried away.
If Champ is a top three corner IN THE LEAGUE(as some on this board seem to think), then why is he going to the Pro Bowl as and ALTERNATE(two years it has happened), and that's for the NATIONAL FOOTBAL CONFERENCE........not the entire league???????? That's saying he's not even in the top three or four in his own conference.......And why hasn't he made the ALL PRO TEAM if he's the top two or three corners in the league???

Will the real Dolemite please stand up? :)

Originally posted by Mad Mike

B) People are getting all wound up over the opening gambit of a player trying to get paid what he is worth.

Peace. :cheers:

I can agree 100% here.

No question that Champ is one of the best in the league currently. He's not as dangerous as Deion but he gets the job done. I have no problem with the Skins paying him at all, I just don't want to hear about it. Maybe that's just me, I don't know, but I do believe the pro athletes make way too much and the owners charge way too much. The fans pay for it. The players should make less, the owners should charge less, then more of "us" would be at the games rather than watching on tv.

This is why I hate the salary cap so much. We as Redskins fans are lucky enough to have yet another owner "The DanFather", who just like "The Squire", would spend as much as it took to keep our best players around. If only he could. Damn it! :mad:

Its simple why champ went as an alternate. Dont be stupid about this. He goes as an alternate because of his # of interceptions. Why hasnt he had many the past 2 years, because he does his job he covers his guy so they dont throw to him. Its that simple everybody knows not to test champ so they dont how do you expect the guy to get stats like pass deflections and int's if they dont throw to his side??

Originally posted by poidog22

Exactly, case in point: Jon Jansen has missed one snap in four years, typically shuts down whoever he's playing across, and blocked for Stephen Davis during his multi-1000 yd. seasons, and has YET to make the free trip the Hawaii....the Pro Bowl is a joke and shouldn't be a barometer of the talent of a player.

:soapbox:

I agree with you on this dog. Jansen is a beast. Very underrated IMO.

To me it does not matter how they pick the players. I have found the selections to be very biased for players who are members of winning teams. The fact is that the skins have not been a great team during Champs tenure. This does not mean that he is not an excellent corner, and it does not mean we should not anti up and sign him. Players like Champ Bailey are few and far between. His positive attitude and understanding of the defensive schemes not to mention his amazing talent potential on both sides of the ball make him a must.

Archived