Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Glorious Day for Richmond Football: Aaron Corp Transfers

Going Commando

So Aaron Corp just transferred to Richmond. Yes, the same Aaron Corp who was the best player in Southern California his senior year of high school when he won the Glenn Davis award. Other recent award recipients were Matt Barkley, Toby Gerhart, and Desean Jackson. Here's the article discussing the transfer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4805378

Wow. I'm stunned. This came completely out of the blue for me. I hadn't heard anything about something like this being in the works. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited. I didn't even get this worked up about Levi Brown's recruitment. I think I'll do a cartwheel.

Whoa. Why Richmond? That's not even D1 A. It's a level down. That's great for the school, but I'm a little surprised he came to Richmond after Mike London just left.

He went D1-AA so he could play next fall. If he transferred to another D1-A school he would have had to sit out a year.

Good move by him in my opinion. Richmond is a good program. I wish he picked W&M though, I'm headed there in the fall! haha

Oh, I guess it's because he won't have to sit out a year if he drops down a level.

Yep. That's precisely it. It's largely the same reason why Flacco went from Pitt to Delaware and Pat Devlin went from Penn St. to Delaware. It's a little stranger though because Delaware isn't that far from either of those schools but USC is on the entirely opposite side of the country. Maybe academics played a part, especially if he wants to study business or something like that, but I'm guessing he wanted to play in the CAA since he had to transfer down to the FCS. He's not going to find a better conference in FCS that NFL scouts will actually be paying attention to.

Richmond is a good fit for him because it's a pro-style offense who's QB just graduated but a lot of the rest of the team is still in tact. He'll have some success there and possibly build a profile for himself for the NFL draft like Devlin is doing and Flacco did. It's a huge coup for Richmond since they won't take much of a step back from losing London and Ward in the same year. I am very excited for next year.

Good for him. I remember watching him against Washington and he was horrible.

Good luck to him hopefully he does better at Richmond

Yeah he really struggled in that game but I think he might have been playing injured. That injury is really what did him in, especially with Barkley ready to take over and Mitch Mustain sitting behind him. USC had too many QBs for their own good. He'll get a fresh start at Richmond and he'll have a good supporting cast to work with and a great defense next season. He'll have a shot at winning a National Championship in the next few seasons and if he dominates the CAA, it's not outlandish for him to go in an early round.

Archived