Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Tiger Woods was into men

Destino

it was primarily Hispanic men. I wonder if it is tied to the idea of "machismo", that in their minds they are essentially excerting what they see as their male superiority by being on top of other men who they view as "women", thus making it so that they are still considered straight.

Hard to say, I don't know if this is a throwback to classical antiquity or something native to, say, Mesoamerican culture.

It could be what you're saying is true, it certainly applied to some degree in antiquity--the more virile you were, the more you were expected to penetrate everything. If anything, in some of the Greek societies, women were as much for procreation and raising a family as for sexual conquests.

Though he was clowned (probably rightfully) Ahmadinejad's statement about Iran not having gays tangentially relates to this discussion. If you don't have an "identity" as homosexual, you can still have homosexual practices and be considered normal. There is an unspoken and high level of homosexual practice in the Muslim world, and Arafat was legendary in his love of sex with younger men/boys.

I'd say that the more misogynist a society is, the more likely you are to see this and when I say misogyny I don't mean outright hate, as much as restrictions combined with a low perception of the inherent value of women. In Rome, women were still second-class but were not expected to be invisible or not involved in the affairs of society and sometimes state. Therefore, though it was still prevalent, I think you see more focus on men showing their prowess by sleeping with women.

Something related to this is the issue of transgendered individuals. There were actual cults in SE Asia centered around transvestite shamans and the practice of crossing gender roles is well-known there in Thailand. I believe some of this may be due to the actual physical features and stature of males of these particular ethnic/racial groups and perhaps some of what you see in that culture in TX is a searching for easy, committment-free sex with feminine-looking men.

I think some of these cats who frequent bathrooms/parks/ etc are not so much "gay" as satisfying a "bi" part of their urges or looking for the absolute minimum of involvement with a partner while still receiving sex (without paying for it.) lol

We can't overlook prison sex (both male and female) when available partners of the opposite sex are limited or non-existent. Not all, of course, do this but a number engage in some form of homosexual conduct as a replacement. I would buy Jergen's from the commissary but that's me. lol

Honestly, I am not sure what it is. I have found that, at least locally, there are some weird quirks in how sex is sometimes viewed that goes against what is expected. Most of this area is very religious and somewhat conservative/traditional in their attitudes, yet as long as the facade of "traditional behavior" is upheld, they are willing to overlook the behavior:

1) Strip clubs not just operate out in the open (no descreet entrances, signs, etc), but one has a big ol' billboard right on the main road through town. There is even a sizable (but still minority) part of the population who have no problems with prosititution which has a long history in El Paso.

2) Women are both expected to conform to the traditional homemaker/mother role and to be somewhat "proper" in behavior, yet no one bats an eyelash at young women wearing very revealing clothing, partying as hard as the men do, etc. Women also play a relatively large role in local politics (city gov., county gov., judges, etc).

3) There is a well known gay club here in town that is considered a city landmark by long-time residents and as much a part of the El Paso culture as Chico's Tacos, the big Mexican flag (on the Mexico side of the border) or the many old missions.

So I think it is possibly simply that, as long as men conform to traditional roles within the public eye, what goes on at a club or whatever doesn't "count". Sorta like during the colonial period in Virginia where the "miracle 7th month pregnancy" was only held against the woman if they were not married by the time of the baby's birth - if marriage happend by then, the out-of-wedlock sex never took place from a social standpoint.

Or it could simply be that El Paso is fairly...I wanna say libertarian, but not sure if that is acurate...in how they treat (legal) behaviors - if it does not effect them directly, they may say something but otherwise don't seem to care, which makes it easier for men to act on any homosexual urges/tendencies they may have and feel socially safe in doing so as long as it is behind closed doors. The only real uproar I have seen while living here in regards to something sexual was when a strip club opened up about 4 blocks from a middle school, which is understandable.

Of course, this is just all opinion based on observations and talking with different people, etc.

This plus his rampant sexual escapades with scores of women while married shows, in my opinion, that he's sick. Like metally sick. Not because he's performing homosexual acts with men, but because he is having sex anywhere, everywhere, with everyone. If this is true I think it turns him from a cheating scumbag into someone that legitimately needs help.

It's only homophobic if he's actually gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. (Come on, you knew somebody would say it!)

Gay expert piping in here....lol

Just b/c someone has sex with someone of the same sex, does not mean they are gay. Just as if I had sex with a man- trust me that wouldn't make me straight. There is whats called experimenting. There is also the Kinsey scale- which was derived from a study years ago- saying there are degrees of homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

Also- I know A LOT of straight married me who let homo's give them BJs or even have sex with them. I see them in the gay clubs any time I'm there. Every single gay man I know talks all the time about how many married/straight men they hook up with-

its not nearly as uncommon as one might think.

You're absolutely right, L. Seen this kind of behavior firsthand myself. Seems strange to me, but whatever. Be careful mentioning having sex with a man - the leg humpers are always lurking around, lol!

Archived