Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential OL Coach Candidates

method man

From the Housten Chronical

Texans [Texans] Texans Assistant Alex Gibbs To Let Team Know If He'll Retire Next

Houston Texans assistant head coach/offense Alex Gibbs is expected to let head coach Gary Kubiak in the next week or so whether he plans to retire or return to the team. Alex Gibbs was hired by the Texans on Jan. 9, 2008, and re-signed on Jan. 29, 2009. Gibbs is the legendary guru who engineered the Denver Broncos' zone-block scheme back in the Terrell Davis era.

It really does sound like he is on a one year deal . I think what is quite interesting in this article

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/1/5/1234599/shanahan-officially-in-3-reasons

"Shanahan Officially In; 3 Reasons the Redskins' Are a Franchise Again "

Is that Mike has been spending a lot of time around the Texans this season watching Kubiak and Kyle and would have been around Gibbs ... this Redskins thing seems to have been in the works for months he could have at least mentioned the OL gig to Gibbs .

I am not that convinced though that Shanahan is seeing this as a "space cowboys" venture like Coach Gibbs did brining back Bugel etal I think Shananan is re-energized and looks to be involved in football again and might be looking at fresher blood ...

Archived