Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Examiner: Zorn could be headed to Cleveland

#98QBKiller

Interesting...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Watch-This/Zorn-could-be-headed-to-Cleveland-80629242.html

Zorn could be headed to Cleveland

By: Jim Williams

Examiner Sports Columnist

01/04/10 12:35 PM EST

Jim Zorn has not been out as the head Redskins head coach for more than ten hours but within a weeks time he could be headed to Cleveland to be part of the new Browns front office.

Mike Holmgren has been hired as the new team president and he is presently putting together a new staff. He is likely to offer Zorn a spot on the new Browns staff.

Eric Mangini the present head coach in Cleveland will have a chance to plead his case to remain the sideline boss. But there is no doubt that Holmgren is at the very least change some the staff on both sides of the ball.

Zorn was the QB coach for Holmgren in Seattle and during the season speaking out on behalf of former Redskins coach.

Actually, after re-reading this is pretty much a non-story. :doh:

Haha seriously. I'm hard-pressed to come up with a more obvious NFL-related observation. Maybe "Mike Shanahan could be headed to Washington"?

Zorn just botched his first head coaching job and Holmgren's in Cleveland... where else would you think he might go??

Haha seriously. I'm hard-pressed to come up with a more obvious NFL-related observation. Maybe "Mike Shanahan could be headed to Washington"?

Zorn just botched his first head coaching job and Holmgren's in Cleveland... where else would you think he might go??

"Mangini Could be Fired," Cowboys Could Choke in Playoffs," would be similar non-stories.

It's like saying, "Jim Zorn once ate at a Taco Bell. It is therefore likely that he will eat there again" or "Jim Zorn once wore a blue shirt. It is therefore likely that he will work for an NFL team that has the color blue in their color scheme".

Hey sports writers, how about 'reporting' the news as opposed to 'forecasting' the news.

That story will not come true. I have it from a reliable source tthat Raiders1 is in the air and on its way to Dulles to pick Jim up. Davis will anounce Tom Cable fired later today, then they will have a presser tommorow to announce Jim Zorn as the new coach of the Raiders.

:evilg:

Unless he's bringing him in to help w/ personnel, I don't know what he could be bringing him in for. Surely Holmgren wouldn't hire him as head coach, and as you all should know, any GOOD organization would never hire an underling coach first before hiring a head coach (unless they were already on staff like LeBeau in Pittsburgh).

Unless he's bringing him in to help w/ personnel, I don't know what he could be bringing him in for. Surely Holmgren wouldn't hire him as head coach, and as you all should know, any GOOD organization would never hire an underling coach first before hiring a head coach (unless they were already on staff like LeBeau in Pittsburgh).

Yeah, I was just about to post this. Everyone knows that this is not the way it should be done :rolleyes:.

This would indicate that Holmgren is nothing more than a tyrannical chump who probably kicks puppy dogs and will be a meanie towards Zorn and set him up for failure...:)

Archived