Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watched it anyway...

Renegade7

You know, I couldn't get the online feed for the game to work, so being down in Hampton Roads, ya'll already know how depressed I was. So I left. I went with my dad to a local sports bar after working an 8 hour shift and watched "the unwatchable". I saw my team lose to 2nd and 3rd stringers, a preseason game if you want to call it that, and the skins took it just seriously enough to lose again. I didn't want to eat or drink, just watched the rollercoaster crash again.

I haven't been alive very long, but of all the pathetic football teams I've seen us put out, this is the worst. But I'm glad I was there to see it. I feel geographicly challenged for the first time in my life, and I don't even know if there are any redskins bars down here (went to a philly bar, surrounded by steelers bars). And I know I'm not the only one who had to make it work today. If there's anybody of any clout in this franchise reading this post, please, fix this **** and vindicate our dedication to this heart breaking organization.

Prove you give a damn about us by making us "watchable" again. As a true fan of the Redskins, I'm telling you this is unexceptable. We demand better.

Watched from Buffalo Wild Wings in Williamsburg. Didn't even have the game in HD. Had to listen to the Cowboys/Eagles game + a ton of ridiculous Cowboys fans (luckily many of them left at the half). Edit: All that after an entire season of watching via Slingbox bc I am normally in Minnesota.

Anyway, glad I watched and sure as hell glad it's over. :(

Ya, went to Fat Tuesdays on the blvd in the beach. Looking forward to tommorrow, absolutely. We definetly need more talent, but I love us having a real GM and possibly a legit HC. Not afraid to blow it up, I only see Fred Davis and Brian Orapko as truely safe going into 2010. Make sure you have a cornerstone LT and everyone else, quite frankly, I will not miss.

Better days are ahead my friend. You gotta believe. Things are always cyclical. We're due to get a few franchise players. We got one this year in Orakpo and I think we've got one in Haynesworth and D Hall with the right coaches to coach those guys. Once we get a couple offensive players who can stretch the field and a QB/O line that can get them the ball, our playoff years will start coming again on a consistent basis.

This franchise is going to test our patience in the next couple of years I think. Maybe we'll get lucky and have instant success next year, but that's not the rule, that's the exception I'm afraid. Crossing fingers :fingersx:

Yah here in Va Beach too, went with two friends who are steeler and fin fans to watch their game then we all stayed to "try" to watch the skins game.

We went to Roger Browns sports bar on high street and pretty much was all dallas and philly fans. They had the skins games on maybe 3 tvs in the whole place and where I was sitting I could not get a good angle. Left with a cramped neck from having my head sitting at a 90 degree angle most of the time. The worst part is they had tons of TVs on the philly and dallas game even tvs sitting right next to each other.

Va Beach is supposed to be a Redskins town but I see just as many division rival and steelers fans as I do skins fans. It is actually quite embarrassing.

I vowed to keep working and not watch it but the damn Slingbox was calling my name. For some reason everytime Jason Campbell did something worth while, it skipped ahead. I'm not kidding either... every single time. Its like the slingbox was telling me, ah forget it, he's go three and out when 3rd stringers can't even touch him! I cannot believe I watched that on a slow ass internet connection :doh:

Ya, there were only 2 tvs in the whole place of say 12 sets turned to the skins game where I was at. One was all red for some reason, and the one my dad and I watched basicly had us starring straight up the whole time. It was funny when the cowboys game went off cause they had directv, I yelled out playfully, "well, I guess your game is unwatcheable, too" That's when we were winning, and we of course lost. Figures. I believe we were 2 of only 5 skins fans in that entire bar, at least 50-60 people 90% Philly-Dallas.

I felt homesick...

Archived