Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Power of Ponder

alwaysaskin

So I have posted in many threads before, but I am watching Christian Ponder playing against UNC's top rated pass defense and carving them up. This guy is clutch, he makes great throws and great reads. There are no franchise QB's to be had in 2010, I do not think bradford can finish a season, I think Clausen is the next Ryan Leaf, and I think McCoy is the next Schuler .

Watch Ponder he makes all the throws, has a sweet deep ball, plys in a pro set and under Jimbo Fischer will excel in 2010, he will fit the Parcells mold of a franchise QB in 2011. We can keep JC sign Garcia to puch him and rebuild the line while tweaking our D, then get Ponder in 2011 and watch out.

This is a response to the cult, backers and jimmywagon

I haven't seen Ponder play but from everything I've heard about him he's got tremendous potential, and statistically he improved dramatically from 08 to this year. Pretty high completion % and doesn't throw many INT's, and a great QB rating.

Problem is, there aren't any guarantees that we'll have a top-5 pick next year and that's what it'll probably take to get him.

I haven't seen Ponder play but from everything I've heard about him he's got tremendous potential, and statistically he improved dramatically from 08 to this year. Pretty high completion % and doesn't throw many INT's, and a great QB rating.

Problem is, there aren't any guarantees that we'll have a top-5 pick next year and that's what it'll probably take to get him.

True this is a guy I would trade to get though as I think he will be a beast

If we don't draft a QB, then I will definitely keep an eye on him, as a Hokie fan..I'll have to let my bias be side stepped =x

He has 29 TDs and 22 INTs over his career tho, so that's a concern, but it appears he does improve every year so it will be interesting to see.

If we don't draft a QB, then I will definitely keep an eye on him, as a Hokie fan..I'll have to let my bias be side stepped =x

He has 29 TDs and 22 INTs over his career tho, so that's a concern, but it appears he does improve every year so it will be interesting to see.

Speaking of your Hokies, Ryan Williams is ridiculously great. It's too bad for us that he's a freshman and won't be in the draft this year.

Speaking of your Hokies, Ryan Williams is ridiculously great. It's too bad for us that he's a freshman and won't be in the draft this year.

I know man, considering the records he is breaking this year as a rookie, I can only hope what next year might bring.

Who knows, maybe he is in the Skins future...would be a perfect back for Shanny IMO.

There are no franchise QB's to be had in 2010, I do not think bradford can finish a season, I think Clausen is the next Ryan Leaf, and I think McCoy is the next Schuler .

Are you basing this off the fact that Bradford has only had one season decimated by injuries? Or the fact that Clausen and Leaf have nothing in common at all in terms of character, or the fact that McCoy has even less in common with Shuler than Clausen does with Leaf?

Bradford had a very good freshman season, then a legendary sophomore season. He bites the injury bug hard his junior year, so suddenly you don't think he can ever finish a season ago. This is very very poor logic.

Clausen was a hot shot in Cali before going to College. He was the No. 1 recruit and joined one of the most prestigious programs in the Nation which was being led by a Pro Ball coach who would certainly turn him into a stellar prospect. He then moved to South Bend, miles and miles away from home, and proceeded to live under the spotlight that comes with being Notre Dame's QB. He also exhibited good leadership skills, in addition to the great performances he put on the field.

This is the guy you think is like Ryan Leaf? The child out of Washington who never grew up? Clausen might have douchebag hair, and an annoying ass smile, but one thing he's not, and that is an immature spoiled kid.

McCoy, unlike Shuler, is not going to be a Top 5 pick. He might not even be a first rounder. He's pretty accurate... in a spread offense. McCoy and Shuler have nothing in common. Are you simply trying to discourage anyone from promoting McCoy by comparing him to somebody we all know was an epic failure?

Christian Ponder, on the other hand, seems to be the weakest QB in this comparison of four QBs. He has the least yards passing, touchdowns, completions, percentage, and pretty much every other major passing category. His build isn't even that great, its just acceptable.

Ponder might be having a great game against UNC, but that is hardly a reason to draft him. Simply put- he has the weakest numbers out of this collection of QBs, he has average intangibles, and puts up weak numbers in a less than competitive conference. Ponder isn't the answer to DC, and he's definitely not worth waiting a whole year for.

Bradford/Clausen>>McCoy>>Colt?>>>>Christian Ponder in 2011.

Who knows, maybe he is in the Skins future...would be a perfect back for Shanny IMO.

Why do you say that?

I'd like to draft Toby Gerhart this year and focus the running attack around him. I miss Washington having a pure power back who can carry the ball 30 times a game and put the game on his shoulders. Developing him with a solid OL will allow us to pick a more athletic, home run threat of a RB early in the coming years. CJ Spillers are very very good, but they're far more common than Toby Gerharts nowadays.

Perhaps that future RB can be Rian Williams.

Just great! Insult all the other QBs who havent even taken a NFL snap but keep a proven loser! That dont make any sense. Since you have such insults on these QBs at least we have actual proof that JC is the next Tony Banks.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:saber:

A great game against UNC? What the **** are you watching? A replay of an earlier game. FSU isn't playing UNC today idiot, FSU plays WV in a bowl game tomorrow and Ponder is done for the season.

Can I have some of what your smoking.........

Little harsh IMO

I think he is re-watching the game from earlier this year.

Little harsh IMO

I think he is re-watching the game from earlier this year.

Harsh? You wanna nipple for that bottle?

He should state that in his post. For the record, I'm a huge FSU fan, so I love Ponder. But make a post with some mother ****ing thought in it and enough details to prove a point.

A great game against UNC? What the **** are you watching? A replay of an earlier game. FSU isn't playing UNC today idiot, FSU plays WV in a bowl game tomorrow and Ponder is done for the season.

Can I have some of what your smoking.........

yeah of course, it was a replay

He should state that in his post. For the record, I'm a huge FSU fan, so I love Ponder. But make a post with some mother ****ing thought in it and enough details to prove a point.

Ok, I'm sorry there Keyboard Rambo, I see you are in full nerd rage so I'll leave u alone.

You suffer from OCD, wanting him to point out everything??? Why does he need to say hes watching a replay??? Anyone w/ 2 working brain cells knows that game was before :doh:

I think yo have anger issues also, or your just a Richard surname ;)

Archived