Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

16 team playoffs...

Larry Gude

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

actually, what I'd prefer is in the final week you have a final divisional game, the top 2 teams in a division play, and the winner is guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, So you'd have 4 teams in the play offs, and then for wild cards the best 2 'losers' or teams remaining could get a crack at the play offs via wild card (that way if you had three teams over ten in a division there would be a chance that team who didn't get to play for the division might get a wild card berth, slim as that might be. You'd then seed them like you do now. That's what I'd like to see happen. So in essence you'd have Divisionals, Wild Card Round, and then Semi Finals before the Conference Championship game.

I think the only change I would really like to see is changing seeding. Sure, you won your division at 8-8 but use a formula (uh-oh!) to determine the strength of schedule/division and compare it to the WC team who was 11-5. If it fails, the WC team gets rewarded for going 11-5 while the division winner still makes the playoff but does not host a game.

I don't like the idea of a mediocre team in a bad division getting homefield over a superior WC team in a vastly superior division.

I want to see either a BCS type playoff format or a nascar point system...

Think about it... You'd get 100 points for a win, 50 for a loss, plus if you led the most minutes of a game you'd get an additional 5 points and 5 extra points just for leading at some point!

I want to see either a BCS type playoff format or a nascar point system...

Think about it... You'd get 100 points for a win, 50 for a loss, plus if you led the most minutes of a game you'd get an additional 5 points and 5 extra points just for leading at some point!

No you don't give points for minutes, but what I would like to see is a system where by the teams you beat who then go and win, you get points for those, so for example..

20 Points for a Win, 10 for a Tie, 0 for a loss, and then 3-5 Points for every team you beat that goes on to beat someone else, and maybe another single point for every team that you lost too by a margin of 10 points or less. that beats another team. (the later being a lower determining factor, but if you play in a division like the NFC East, and you lose a lot of close games that is no where even sideways. This would have two effects, letting a team come back in the 2nd half after a big lead in the first, might go away, playing the prevent would be a risk, because you might be giving points to help said team.

Anyhow those are my thoughts about a point selection system.

It will turn the NFL into the NBA/NHL, where the regular season doesnt matter because just about all of the good teams along with the mediocre teams get in. For example the 8th seed in the NBA Eastern Conference is usually 42-42 (.500) or worse. I dont think a team that cant win more than half of its games deserves to get into the playoffs. My 2 cents

It already happens in the nfl.Cant remember the teams involved but just last year an 8-8 team beat out a 10-6 team.Doesent make scence but the way the divisions are structured it just worked out.

But in all actuality i wouldnt be for a 16 team playoff.Hell,we still probably wouldnt make it.

Its possible to have a below 500 team make it now if they win their division

I guess it'd be possible to have a 4-12 team make the playoffs... As long as those 4 wins are in their division and all the other teams split with each other and lose every non division game...

I guess it'd be possible to have a 4-12 team make the playoffs... As long as those 4 wins are in their division and all the other teams split with each other and lose every non division game...

And it would be possible for a 12-4 team to miss the playoffs. Imagine if both happened. There would be an outcry to change the format.

I think the 12 team playoff is fine except remove divisonal champions out of the equation. Seed based on record/strength of schedule/point differential etc. Let divisonal titles be strictly for bragging rights. If you win the NFC West with a 9-7 record but there are 6 teams in your conference with better records ... enjoy golfing.

And it would be possible for a 12-4 team to miss the playoffs. Imagine if both happened. There would be an outcry to change the format.

Would it though?

I'm way too tired to do the math, but whoever does the scenario breakdown, I'll wear their sig for a week...

Thanks....

IONTOP

Archived