Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Will Florida steal Shanahan from Redskins?

JimmiJo

Want to also tell us who next year's champions will be? :rolleyes:

Kiffin has put Tennessee back on the map with his controversial comments, and is turning the Vols back into a team recruits want to be a part of. The organization had grown stagnant with Fulmer heading it. Kiffin has energized it.

Kiffin went from the verge of being fired by USC to being handed the Oakland job.

His dad on the Vols staff is the difference, but he won't be coaching that much longer.

Plus my original response was in response to Bubba's tongue in cheek post. I actually like the Vols. They have been good practice for my Bruins the last 2 years.

Meyer was getting paid around 5 million a year as the SEC's highest paid coach.

Shanahan will require at least 12 or 13 million a year just to come out of retirement and buy out the rest of his Denver contract.

Shanahan to UF is just a few Gators fans grasping for something when they heard Meyer was leaving.

He's an NFL coach by design, and the money difference doesn't hurt either.

Funny, when I heard his name come up, I was super pissed. Not only would the Gators be losing Meyer, but the Skins would be losing Shanahan. Huge net loss for me.

Kiffin went from the verge of being fired by USC to being handed the Oakland job.

His dad on the Vols staff is the difference, but he won't be coaching that much longer.

Plus my original response was in response to Bubba's tongue in cheek post. I actually like the Vols. They have been good practice for my Bruins the last 2 years.

I know I'll get a rash of **** from Bubba for this, but the Vols are a joke at this point. A joke that play ****ing amazing defense, but a joke nonetheless. Big Kiffin will only be coaching for but so much longer, and then it'll be all Little Kiffin's show. Little Kiffin is a horse's ass, and despite what the success of guys like Spurrier and Saban would lead you to believe, being a horse's ass isn't all there is to being a successful college coach; you also have to be able to coach.

Archived