Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas is not Americas team

pherein

Sorry, but the America's Team nickname doesn't float around to the team that has the best record or has won the most over a period of time. It goes to the team with the most fans all over the country and noone has decisively ever taken that from the Cowboys.

whatever. It was a self proclamation years ago & because of moron sportscasters who forever feel the need to sound like they know something, they kept it going. There are FAR more Pittsburgh fans across this country then Cowboys fans.

If you travel around the country there are Steelers fans everywhere.

Geez, I remember going on a business trip to Phoenix and seeing a mess of Steelers hats and spare tire covers on cars around town.

I had to keep reminding myself the Cardinals actually made the Super Bowl last year :)

Florida's the same way. More Steelers fans than Dolphins fans.

America's Team implies that America's Team has a lot of fans. It doesn't mean that America hates the team. If a team is "your team" you don't hate them, so I don't buy that excuse.

They are not America's Team because other than a smaller and smaller set of bandwagoners, nearly everyone in the NFL enjoys seeing the Cowboys fail. Every other fanbase has it out for the Cowboys, and enjoys seeing them flop year after year. This doesn't mean that they're America's Team. This means they are America's least favorite team.

Archived