Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas is not Americas team

pherein

I posted the below in quotes on the dallas forum, because every year they go to far with this " America's Team" thing and at some point they need to know the history of the 13 states and that texas had very little to do with it.

I know I may be giving this more importance than is really needs, but at some point this is getting ridicules. Saying , a normal person in dallas should clearly understand they are not Americas team.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialnet/forums.cfm?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a24d8e8bc-b132-4a6f-81fa-ab728a950ed1Forum%3a140ede96-a57c-412f-826a-3047cb49bbe1Discussion%3af5ed3ed8-3619-40e9-9301-53e5ff7b0b3d

"That title never existed. Only Texas would be so egotistic to think the rest of America even wanted them as their team, after all they haven't done historically. There are 32 teams in the NFL none , and no fans of any of the teams considers Dallas Americas team. Most teams fans cant even comprehend why a fans base could be so delusional that they buy this. Cowboy play for Dallas no one else wants them as a team.

Even virginia has more history fighting for America then Texas ever will. There are 13 states that built this country on the east, including the revolutionary and civil war, texas was not in the fight.

Texas ran from the fight in the civil war, read your history, the other states fought to the end Virginia and Maryland more than any.

Do you realize your a joke for even saying this? In every forum and fans base of the NFL in America. Your embarrassing yourselves. The only ones nuts enough to call themselves Americas team would be Texas, and the last, historically, to show up to the fight, would be Texas. The only claim Texas has above the 13 states teams is mouth."

Even virginia has more history fighting for America then Texas ever will.

EVEN Virginia?!? Without a doubt, VA has more history fighting for American and had more to do with the formation of the US than any other state except maybe Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.

Yea the "America's Team" thing is retarded and has always annoyed the hell out of me. We're in the friggin capital of the US for goodness sakes!!!

Do you realize your a joke for even saying this? In every forum and fans base of the NFL in America. Your embarrassing yourselves. The only ones nuts enough to call themselves Americas team would be Texas, and the last, historically, to show up to the fight, would be Texas. The only claim Texas has above the 13 states teams is mouth."

Dude, you are preaching to the choir, my friend. Preaching to the choir.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

EVEN Virginia?!? Without a doubt, VA has more history fighting for American and had more to do with the formation of the US than any other state except maybe Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.

Yea the "America's Team" thing is retarded and has always annoyed the hell out of me. We're in the friggin capital of the US for goodness sakes!!!

agreed. Texas never did anything to build America. I have no idea where they get pride from. Americas team would clearly lay with the 13 states that earn in it, that might be philly sorry. But Texas what a joke.

The America's Team thing is a joke. The only team that can claim to be the most popular team in the country is whatever team is the most successful at any given period. Any dynasty team = America's team for that time period.

But, putting aside that the America's Team thing is lame and Dallas is full of it, I can't believe this thread was started to highlight the ignorance in this post.

Sorry, but I'm a civil war history buff, and it is annoys me when people try to "drop knowledge" and do so in such an ignorant manner.

There are 13 states that built this country on the east,.

There were 13 colonies that built this country and fought the revolutionary war. They were not "states" until they were independent of Britain.

including the revolutionary and civil war, texas was not in the fight.

Texas was not in the revolutionary war because it was a colony of Spain, not Britain.

Texas did fight in the Civil War.

Texas ran from the fight in the civil war, read your history, the other states fought to the end Virginia and Maryland more than any.

Texas hardly "ran" from the Civil War. Moreover it is beyond ignorant to say that Texas quit before Virginia and Maryland.

In fact, Texas was still fighting after Robert E. Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia at the Appomatax Courthouse on April 9, 1865. While the rest of the Confederacy had surrendered, Texas, Arkansas and Louisana tried to fight on into May of 1865. The last battle of the Civil War was in Brownsville, Texas at the Battle of Palmito Ranch in early May 1865. The leader of the Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas army, Gen. Kirby Smith, finally surrendered on June 2, 1865, almost 2 months after Lee.

In short, don't tell someone to "read your history" and then saying something completely ignorant.

I would also note, that all of this history has nothing to do with the stupid Dallas Cowboy's stupid claim to be America's Team.

OK, I was wrong about the Sabols....but it was NFL Films. Kinda surprised it was not CBS (which stood for Cowboys Broadcasting System in the 1970's ), since Phylis George had the total hots for everybody on that team, but especially Roger Staubach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

....starting to feel the hate buidling and kickoff is still over 8 hrs away....

they aren't america's team for that reason. they're america's team because even when they are the worst team in the league, they still have the highest percentage of fans outside texas and highest ratings.

lots of them are bandwagoners, but that just solidifies the name. when they do well, the entire nation gives up on their current team and jumps on the wagon.

Darn Sabols! I appreciate their other contributions but that americas team crap was a doosey. I don't know any non Cowboys fans that like them..even the Ravens fans in this area hope the Skins beat them and they don't like the Skins either lol I don't see the Nations love for them.

Threads like this only prove that they ARE America's Team. Everyone either loves them or hates them but they all watch them. Fans of other teams seem to be obsessed with the Cowboys and TV rating are always through the roof when they are on. When someone gives you a nickname and it sticks, thats a pretty good indication that it fits. *****, moan, and complain all you want, but the Cowboys ARE America's Team and the fact that this thread reappears every few months helps prove it!

America's Team if you go back to the history of the NFL is probably Green Bay.

If you are talking the modern era, you are talking the Steelers who are 6-1 in 7 trips to the Super Bowl.

Sorry, but the America's Team nickname doesn't float around to the team that has the best record or has won the most over a period of time. It goes to the team with the most fans all over the country and noone has decisively ever taken that from the Cowboys.

Archived