Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's hope Shanahan goes to Dallas

barefoot

I actually would like our defensive staff to stay. That allows at least some stability in the organization. If the owner brings in an offensive coach I don't see why they can't happen.

I say that for two reasons. One, they have done a good job here and two, we could get someone worse.

I'm not a huge Shanny fan, but Shanny coming here probably means that Vinny is history, which would be a major step in the right direction. The problem is who else is out there that would be ready to step in as HC and do a great job? Here's a list of who's out there other than Shanny:

Jerry Gray - I'd love to see him get a shot, but the problem is that probably means that Vinny stays because a new GM would want his own guy rather than be told who the coach was going to be

Chucky - staying in the MNF booth at ESPN

Brian Billick - NO THANKS

Fassel - NO THANKS

Marty - might only be interested in a GM gig, and I don't think he'd come back here anyway.

Tony Dungy - no way he comes here

Cowher - no way he comes here

Russ Grimm - I'd like to see Grimmer get a shot, but there would probably be a long learning curve for him. And it probably means that Vinny stays unless a new GM is hired and wants Grimmer as the coach

What I would really like to see is for this organization to function like an organization should, which is hire a GM and let him go out and pick who the next coach should be. If a competent GM is hired, I'd trust his judgment as to who he picks as coach, and we'd know that at least structurally, things are headed in the right direction here.

I'd prefer that Zorn not come back, just because if he's back that probably means so will Vinny, and Zorn will probably be a lame duck again next year anyway so it would delay the inevitable change that needs to take place by a full year, which wouldn't be good. Don't let Zorn twist in the wind, let the guy go pursue other jobs and be relieved of this mess of a situation.

I'd love our defensive staff to stay, too. But I only want it IF it happens naturally. By that, I mean that I would love for a new head coach to genuinely WANT to retain our defensive staff. If the new HC "decides" to do it with Vinny and Snyder holding a gun to his head, then I'm against it.

I have been saying this for a while and I am not opposed to it. Why not keep Sherm Lewis as a "consultant/playcaller" and Sherman Smith around as well. It seems to me that they work well together and Sherman Smith has actually defended the chain of command lately.

The only way this happens is if Snyder is completely sold on JC as our QB. If he isn't, he will blow up the offense and coaching staff in my opinion.

I don't think Sherm really even wanted to be here this year let alone sign on for another year. He's not a glutton for punishment.:D

Archived