Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's hope Shanahan goes to Dallas

barefoot

Per Peter King on Shanahan to 'skins

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/15/niners/index.html#ixzz0ZsCIf2Dp

"Well, I'll tell you this -- if Mike Shanahan gets the job, he's bringing Bob Slowik in as defensive coordinator"

everything I've read on this guy is NOT good

http://broncotalk.net/2008/12/5120/broncos-buzz/bob-slowik-on-the-hot-seat/

http://www.dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

just a couple of the links I found when I searched his name, I found nothing positive. Alot of people have said that Shanahan's demise in Denver was because of the defense, well this guy ran their D last year. Hopefully Kings' wrong.

It's not so much Shanahan that worries me, its the fact that "supposedly" Slowick would be running the D.

read the stats here; http://www.dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Bob Slowik All-Time Records

Bob Slowik's defense is one for the history books. In a really, really bad way.

Record Slowik

Record Broken

Record

Fewest Opponent Turnovers, Season 15 16 (1995)

Fewest Passes Intercepted By, Season 8 13 (1980, 1995, 1998)

Fewest Forced Fumbles, Season 11 12 (1995)

Most First Downs Allowed, Passing, Season 228 188 (1995)

Most Yards Allowed, Net Passing, Season 3,943 3,762 (1983)

Most Yards Allowed, Passing, Game 464 448 (2004)

Most TD Allowed Passing, Season 33 31 (1986)

Highest Opponents' Passer Rating, Season 99.1 86.1 (1958)

Close-But-No-Cigar Bob Slowik All-Time Records

Thanks to Rich Wingo, Ezra Johnson, Estes Hood, and Ken Stills, Slowik finished second all-time in these categories:

Record Slowik

Record All-Time

Record

Most First Downs Allowed, Season 354 366 (1983)

Most First Downs Allowed, Penalty, Season 28 29 (2002)

Highest Completion Percentage Allowed, Season 60.6 63.45 (1989)

If Shanny goes to Dallas

If Zorn is fired

Than Jerry Gray will be HC, Blatche DC, Sherm Lewis OC

I have been saying this for a while and I am not opposed to it. Why not keep Sherm Lewis as a "consultant/playcaller" and Sherman Smith around as well. It seems to me that they work well together and Sherman Smith has actually defended the chain of command lately.

The only way this happens is if Snyder is completely sold on JC as our QB. If he isn't, he will blow up the offense and coaching staff in my opinion.

It's not so much Shanahan that worries me, its the fact that "supposedly" Slowick would be running the D.

Shanny isn't known as a defensive genius. Case in point it was his DC and his draft picks on that side of the ball that cost him his job in Denver.

The man has to be smart enough to know that if he goes somewhere with a stable defense, he'd best leave it alone.

Shanny isn't known as a defensive genius. Case in point it was his DC and his draft picks on that side of the ball that cost him his job in Denver.

The man has to be smart enough to know that if he goes somewhere with a stable defense, he'd best leave it alone.

You would hope so, but I'm referring to what King is saying, Slowick is coming with him, hopefully King is wrong.

Than Jerry Gray will be HC, Blatche DC, Sherm Lewis OC

I wouldn't have a big problem with this at all... I think one of the things missing from the Skins is the accountability of certain players, and Jerry Gray strikes me as a no-nonsense guy who wouldn't put up with any B.S.

As a matter of fact, I'd rather see this happen than have Shanny come in.

I wouldn't have a big problem with this at all... I think one of the things missing from the Skins is the accountability of certain players, and Jerry Gray strikes me as a no-nonsense guy who wouldn't put up with any B.S.

As a matter of fact, I'd rather see this happen than have Shanny come in.

Agree, don't blow it up again.

King isn't always a fountain of information.....

you're right, King's 50/50 at best, but it's the 50% that he's right that worries me on this one. Plus I don't see Blache hanging around thru another regime change, he was talked into coming back to begin with and only has one more year on his contract.

you're right, King's 50/50 at best, but it's the 50% that he's right that worries me on this one. Plus I don't see Blache hanging around thru another regime change, he was talked into coming back to begin with and only has one more year on his contract.

Good point. Hard to envision Blache staying if we have a new head coach, which sucks. I think he'll be off to Wisconsin to retire and enjoy his hunting, rather than stick it out another year with a new staff and lots of turnover.

My only quibble with Blache is that I think he undervalues the benefit of a QB sack, especially in a home game. A QB sack drives the crowd into a frenzy and gets the defense SO pumped, that applying defensive pressure is worth more than just the potential loss of yards. Having said that, otherwise, I think he's a fantastic DC. Shanny's old defensive coordinator would be a big downgrade.

Good point. Hard to envision Blache staying if we have a new head coach, which sucks. I think he'll be off to Wisconsin to retire and enjoy his hunting, rather than stick it out another year with a new staff and lots of turnover.

My only quibble with Blache is that I think he undervalues the benefit of a QB sack, especially in a home game. A QB sack drives the crowd into a frenzy and gets the defense SO pumped, that applying defensive pressure is worth more than just the potential loss of yards. Having said that, otherwise, I think he's a fantastic DC. Shanny's old defensive coordinator would be a big downgrade.

Cmon dude, Blache has way more problems than just sacks. In fact, sacks aren't even a problem this year - we're one of the best in the league at getting sacks. Blache's problem is turnovers. Where are they?

I'm not super high on Shanahan coming here, but I PRAY he doesn't go to Dallas.

That is big trouble for the NFCE.

His passing scheme will be very dangerous with Tony Romo sits to pee and I was watching NFL playbook that did a segment about the Dallas O-Line being inconsistent in their blocking schemes, not knowing the correct guy to block at times.

Sounds like Shanahan might work wonders for that offense.

I have been saying this for a while and I am not opposed to it. Why not keep Sherm Lewis as a "consultant/playcaller" and Sherman Smith around as well. It seems to me that they work well together and Sherman Smith has actually defended the chain of command lately.

The only way this happens is if Snyder is completely sold on JC as our QB. If he isn't, he will blow up the offense and coaching staff in my opinion.

I'm not sold on Lewis as a play caller and definitely have issues with him as an OC. Lewis had the "benefit" of taking over as play caller with no preconceptions so no one really knows what he'll call while he'll make calls using guys Zorn appears not to have trusted. He did this at the same time many of our "safe" plays were no longer available to us to call all the time, so Zorn (who still puts the game plan together) had to adjust.

Archived