Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Dallas game was worse and more painful to watch?

mcarey032

last weeks loss, because our season has sucked so far and it would have really made me feel good to have beat dallas our first time in their new stadium, like it was nice to beat them the last game in their old stadium.

Yeah I hear you. I thought that the 01 loss was bad because I think that to that point we hadn't won a game. It was just a bad looking game on both ends and we lost 9-7 on a FG, when all we had to do was run the clock out.

I can tell you that the 1999 loss was bad. I was there and I remember the usher saying to me in the third quarter when we were up by 3 Tds that we were going to lose and blow that game. I just remember looking at him on the way out and all he could say was see I told you that Norv was a choke artist. UGHH!

I'll have to go with the 27-0 loss back in 03'.

That one was rough because of the embarrassment factor, but it didn't have the anguish of a nailbiting loss.

For me, the worst Dallas loss was the one in 91 that ruined the perfect season. It was at home, right before Thanksgiving, Skins were 11-0 and the Cowdouches had to rip it from us. The 89 game with the Cowturds being winless and coming in to RFK and winning hurt also, but more for the embarrassment since it wasn't a close, gut-wrenching loss

As for the original question, I'd say last week's loss is more painful by far than 2001. Shutting them out the entire game, two missed FG's that would have put the game away, a chance to get back in the playoff picture, first game at the Cowturds new urinal, etc. For some reason the loss in Dallas in 2001 didn't seem to be as bad, maybe it's because it was only a month after 9/11 and football didn't seem to matter much at that time.

Well, to me, the worst all time loss to Dallass was on Thanksgiving waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1974:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8074317a/Top-Ten-One-Shot-Wonders-Clint-Longley

That hurt but the one that hurt the most was the last game of 1979. Comparing this loss to any other this decade, only the 2001 loss in DC was more painful. If there's some hope, even a small one, that what makes them hurt.

Archived