Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Replacement at Left Tackle...

Dirk Diggler

With Vollmer playing so well in New England, Matt Light could be available for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He made the Pro Bowl after the 2006 and 2007 season. Would you be in favor of that move? Discuss...

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattlight/profile?id=LIG425673

I thought about him (light) myself, then thought about Vollmers upside . Why not trade our 1st (probably high) for Vollmer and their 1st. That would give them 2 high draft picks and we would still have a 1st and our LT for years to come. He is massive and played REALLY well v/s Freeny. Then hopefully Jordan Shippley, Ingram or Tony Pike is there. Then if not Ingram, Legarret Blount from Oregon will fall to top of 2nd to grab, he reminds me of S.Jackson.

why is their even a wide receiver on the wish list...as well as tony pike...I know pike is good, but he isn't the future for this franchise...I do like the ingram idea a lot...he is a monster

WR, cause if we gut and have no Moss or Randel El, maybe trade Kelly for a younger OL. Shippley is an awesome route runner always gets open, faster then you think and awesome returns. I wouldnt burn a HIGH 1st on him but if we trade back he could be BPA. I just threw out names , not necessarily in that order.

Hurry and check his age???? Hes not 31 in football age and the wear and tear. Could have 5 elite years in him.

Hurry and make assumptions? I've known that Light has been in the league for 9 years for a while.

There are few players that are worth a 2nd or 3rd round selection. Light simply isn't one of them. NE may fleece the Raiders for a bonehead selection like that, but this team needs to get younger and more talented at every spot on the O-line.

A 2nd or a 3rd can get you a 10 year starter, not someone that will last a few years at best. At this point id rather have Jones at LT and have the team use its draft selections wisely and selecting young, talented O-lineman.

Hurry and make assumptions? I've known that Light has been in the league for 9 years for a while.

There are few players that are worth a 2nd or 3rd round selection. Light simply isn't one of them. NE may fleece the Raiders for a bonehead selection like that, but this team needs to get younger and more talented at every spot on the O-line.

A 2nd or a 3rd can get you a 10 year starter, not someone that will last a few years at best. At this point id rather have Jones at LT and have the team use its draft selections wisely and selecting young, talented O-lineman.

Sorry my bad thought you were talking Vollmer.

Exactly. If Vollmer continues to play at this level, he's a top 5 LT. And you don't trade those dudes for all the picks in the world.

How do you put him top 5??????? And yes you do trade. He was 2nd rd #58, if you give a top 10 and they still have Light to use and find another in 2nd or later rounder, it makes since. In the stock market (or fantasy football) its called buying low selling high

I thought about him (light) myself, then thought about Vollmers upside . Why not trade our 1st (probably high) for Vollmer and their 1st. That would give them 2 high draft picks and we would still have a 1st and our LT for years to come. He is massive and played REALLY well v/s Freeny. Then hopefully Jordan Shippley, Ingram or Tony Pike is there. Then if not Ingram, Legarret Blount from Oregon will fall to top of 2nd to grab, he reminds me of S.Jackson.

I'm sorry but the new england FO didn't just get off the short bus.

you're talking about a rookie LT that shut down dwight freeney and has been a beast since he stepped onto the field. Vollmer has shown the athletic ability to match up with nearly any DE and the technical ability to shut them down.

vollmers trade value would probably be a 1st and a third alone.

Light on the other hand should probably go for a 3rd or a 4th,maybe more maybe less depending on how well he comes back from injury.

Archived