Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Camp stinks!

MWCREDSKIN

Very dissapointing going to camp today with most players shunning you for autographs. True the big names like Ramsey, Champ, Samuels and Jansen signed for a little but the guys I wanted like Coles, Randy Thomas and Taylor Jacobs didn't and Trung Candidate signed for the guy next to me but not me. This is frustriation, I want Carlisle back where I could go enjoy practice and interact with the players and get my autographs

No offense, but I'm not unhappy about this. These guys are there to focus and do their jobs. Fan Appreciation day is this Sat, set up for the purpose of autographs etc. With the explosion in sports memorabilia and the tactics people use to get autos to sell, I cant blame the players for not doing it all the time or just a select few.

Eagles do an Internet radio broadcast from the field at camp. I haven't listen recently, but they have decent coverage and some good discussion, though with the FO slant on things, of course. It's a good way to get your training camp fix if you're not able to go, or if you just want an update on what is happening or up-to-date news. Link is accessible from the team's website.

Do the Redskins do the same? I'd think Snyder would be all over this kind of coverage. He's usually progressive on the technology end, though redskins.com could be better.

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

redskins.com is garbage. Ted Leonsis needs to have a chat with The Danny about the virtues of leveraging advanced media.

Agreed, Todd. Caps are excellent in this regard. You'd think with the attention the Redskins get throughout the area, they'd score big with training camp coverage. It seems to me that the overall 'Skins fanbase is aching for any type of news from camp, be it FO slanted or not. In this town, the world could end, but the Redskins would still get the top billing on the local news. :)

I agree about the coverage.....my buddy whose a boyz fan sends me articles (at least from the minicamps this year) where the reporter had stats for every QB and receiver about drops and completions.....very inclusive of all the drills and most of the players......why can't baldy Bram hook us up with this?? its a shame

Tom, it's not an organization thing, it's just because in Carlisle, the players stayed in dorms and the fans could wait outside the dorms to get autographs. At Redskin Park, the players are staying at home and don't have one specific place to go to like the dorms.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

With the autographs it was typical of most people. Most of the superstars walked away and the backups and 7th rounders were there signing autographs and being real friendly. Pat was signing a whole bunch of autographs but some "bodyguard" told the fans he had a bus to catch and could only sign a few and had to get going. Gibran Hammand definitley signed the most, and talked it up the most with the fans with Brad Banks and Bryan Barker coming in 2nd and 3rd.

I'm actually judging this report as good news. The players need to be focused on football not giving attention to fans and signing autographs. Personally, I'm not going to training camp for the autographs. I'm going for the exposure and a chance to get an upclose look at the team as they practice and run around.

MW, I think you need to re-evaluate your criticism and understand that the players are there to learn how to play together, not to appease 100's of fans by spending a lot of time signing autographs. Besides, isn't that what fan apppreciation day is for?

And one more thing -- Did you happen to see any of the players performing or were you just pining for autographs all morning?

If you happened to catch some of the action, what were you're thoughts on how the team looked playing football. We know what you think of their autographing abilities.

I know this has been said, but, geezzz.

TRAINING CAMP. These guys jobs for the next 6 months depend on how they perform. Just being there and seeing them is great.

I am in TEXAS with TUNA TALES on EVERYDAY. So be appreciative of being that close and able to watch the next Super Bowl champs practice.

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

I know this has been said, but, geezzz.

TRAINING CAMP. These guys jobs for the next 6 months depend on how they perform. Just being there and seeing them is great.

I am in TEXAS with TUNA TALES on EVERYDAY. So be appreciative of being that close and able to watch the next Super Bowl champs practice.

Blondie

Amen to that:applause:

Archived